cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backup destination for System Recovery

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

I have a few questions on what is supported as a backup destination for System Recovery having already reviewed the user guide. I know that you can specify CIFS share as a backup destination for Windows and NFS share can be used if you use the Linux Edition. What I wasn't sure was if SMB 1.0 is supported with the latest System Recovery or not (I know SMB2.0 is okay).

Also, is it okay to use USB thumb drive to store your backup data? The user guide doesn't say it's not allowed.

Any further points to be careful of regarding backup destination would be appreciated. Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

I don't see why SMB 1.0 cannot be used. Likewise, USB thumb drive should be fine as well.

Basically, and disk-based device that can be written to via the operating system should work. Like anything, best to test backup (and restore) before relying on this for DR to ensure everything works as expected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

I don't see why SMB 1.0 cannot be used. Likewise, USB thumb drive should be fine as well.

Basically, and disk-based device that can be written to via the operating system should work. Like anything, best to test backup (and restore) before relying on this for DR to ensure everything works as expected.