cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backupexec system recovery 2010 download

ryansumm2
Level 3
Hello Guys,

can someone point us in the right direction on where to download Backupexec system recovery 2010.
We have tryied fileconnect and even the trialware site but the only option is BESR 8.5.5...

we too have rolled out Windows 7 and we really miss besr

many thanks ryan
8 REPLIES 8

criley
Employee Accredited
I assume your support/license agreement entitles you to BESR 2010? If yes, I would suggest that you contact customer care:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_information.jsp

ryansumm2
Level 3

Many thanks, those of us that are entitled to the upgrade will be emailed our upgrade notifications within afew days.

Jeremy_Smith_3
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I'm running windows 7 and have BESR8.5 installed and have no problems with backups or restores.  Just keep in mind you will have to ignore the compability warnings and Symantec technical support may not answer your quesions since you are running a non-supported OS with BESR8.5

LyNeTtE-sKi23
Level 2
Employee
Hi ryansumm2,

To download the evaluation version of Backupexec system recovery 2010, please visit this link:
http://www.symantec.com/business/products/trialware.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=1602_1

Also, if your existing BESR 8.5 licenses have valid support, you will be eligible for the free of charge upgrade to version 2010. You can wait for your version upgrade notification, or call customer care at  1800 721 3934 to inquire regarding your upgrade. Just provide your contract information like customer number, order number or serial number for them to verify your entitlement.

* Please do not forget to mark this as "resolution" if this resolves your issue.*

Thank you so much!

Johanvdv
Level 4
I have tried to obtain BESR keys for 2010 but customer care (Europe - Belgium) was not yet ready to provide them.
Do you know how one should go about obtaining the required keys ?

LyNeTtE-sKi23
Level 2
Employee

Hi Johanvdv,

As soon as we have the Version Upgrade Notifications, we will be sending them to customers who are eligible to get the free of charge upgrades to BESR 2010. You can also contact customer care at +32(0)2 275 0173 for Belgium to validate your account and check if you are entitled to get the upgrade license keys for the said product.

Thanks!

*Please do not forget to mark this as "resolution" if this resolves your issue.*

Johanvdv
Level 4
This information is invalid : I have tried that and failed.

The person in customer care that I got redirect to did not even know about the new version.
Technical support made the effort in getting someone from customer care who actually knew what he was talking about to provide the statement that "As the product was postponed the licenses would be available/shipped after a week at the earliest".

Conclusion : you are trying to sell me something that is not available to a support paying customer.

And yes, my account is valid until 2012.

I am waiting for those license keys as it will enable me to perform a backup using the SRD for a set of machines that proves to difficult for the 8.5.x versions to handle.

LyNeTtE-sKi23
Level 2
Employee
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As what I've mentioned, we will be sending the upgrade emails as soon as we have it.  Since you mentioned that your support is valid until 2012, I strongly believe that you should be entitled for the upgrades once it's available to release to customers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.