cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

besr 9.0 auf sbs2011 Backups hängen bei 1% fest (Volumevergleich)

Gromph
Level 3

Hallo,

Systembasis :

SBS 2011 (win 2008 R2 + Exchange 2010)

Produkt :

Symantec Backup Excec System Recovery 2010 Small Business Server Edition

Version :

Backups stecken bei 1% fest während der Vergleich der Volumes läuft.

Es wird keinerlei Fehlermeldung generiert, die Backups bleiben einfach auf diesem Status und das auf ewig.

Es wird mit Wiederstellungssätzen gearbeitet und das Problem tritt sowohl bei den inkrementellen als auch bei den Basis Backups auf.

Leider hat eine intensive Suche bisher nichts ergeben, so dass wir hoffen eine Lösung dafür hier zu bekommen.

Wir haben dieses Produkt bei vielen unserer smb Kunden im Einsatz und würden dies auch gerne weiterhin machen, aber dieses Problem weitet sich langsam auf mehrere Kunden aus und es ist derzeit nicht möglich eine solide und dauerhaft praktikable Backupstrategie umzusetzen.

Ist diese Problematik bekannt, gibt es dafür eine Lösung oder Tipps woran es liegen könnte?

11 REPLIES 11

criley
Employee Accredited

Is the problem specific to a certain volume? I think you need to try and narrow down where the issue is.

How long does it stay @ 1%? Does the backup actually complete?

Gromph
Level 3

Hello,

the backup does not complete we let it run to a maximum of 3 days and still 1%. (comparing volumes)

It affects all volumes.

The backeup targets are all available and working fine, it seems he has problems to compare the volumes and i wonder why he doesnt quit with a specific error mentioning at least something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards

criley
Employee Accredited

What volumes are you backing up?

Can you try an independent (full only) backup of one of the volumes to see if this shows the same problem? If it does, try the same again with a different volume.

Gromph
Level 3

Full standalone backup is no problem.

We use the option with restore point sets.

The settings are the following for each Volume :

- new restore point base every month (limited to 3 restore points)

- daily incrementals

We use encryption (max) and high compression

Volumes :

- System C:\ and System-reserved

- Datapartition D:\ (databases are located here)

- Sharepartition E:\ (simple Data is located here)

It seems the backup system has problems to compare the stored 2 or 3 sets of basisc recovery points and their incrementals "backwards" to calculate and start the upcoming backup.

Let me know what information else you need.

criley
Employee Accredited

Full standalone backup is no problem.

For all volumes you mean?

So is this problem only seen with incremental backups? In one of your earlier comments, you suggested it was also seen with full backups but perhaps something got lost in translation (I used Google Translate).

If the problem is only seen with incrementals....are you seeing any problems with this server rebooting itself (i.e. blue screen) or bad shutdowns (where server does not shutdown cleanly)? This is normally the cause of this problem.

Gromph
Level 3

Hi,

the problem also occurs when the system is trying to do a new basic recovery point within the described plan. (every month a new recovery point and daily incrementals, limited to 3 recovery points)

The only thing working is a new standalone single backup without configuring any plan for multi recoverypoint features.

best regards

criley
Employee Accredited

When you see this problem, is it showing that it's doing a 'reconcile'?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58338

Gromph
Level 3

Hello,

there was no cold reboot or a uncommon shutdown of the system since the last successful backup.

But if i start a job with options and select a new recovery point set then it is working so far (at least it passes 1%)

any other suggestions?

Sure we can do new recovery point sets, but as i mentioned there was no "bad" shutdown of the system.

best regards

criley
Employee Accredited

But if i start a job with options and select a new recovery point set then it is working so far (at least it passes 1%)

All of your symptoms suggest the problem is being caused by a blue screen, reboot, or bad shutdown. Are you 100% certain that this is not the cause?

How often do you see this problem; on every incremental? Once a week? The event logs should show you if you are seeing any reboots etc.

Gromph
Level 3

Hi,

there was no unexpected shutdown or such.

Just to make sure, a normal reboot while no backup is running (let`s say for OS Updates) does not affect this, correct?

criley
Employee Accredited

Just to make sure, a normal reboot while no backup is running (let`s say for OS Updates) does not affect this, correct?

That depends. If the reboot is not 'clean', you will see this problem. I guess the question is; do you only see this problem after a reboot?