cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom srd doesn't pass driver validation

shahar
Level 4

I downloaded and created an srd (Symantec Recovery Disk). Then i ran driver validation and i have 2 missing drivers.
The detailed file is:

The following devices do not have drivers in the Symantec Recovery Disk.

Packet Scheduler Miniport
Teefer2 Miniport

A detailed information about these devices is given below

Description : Packet Scheduler Miniport
Class : Net
Class Guid : {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Hardware Id : ms_pschedmp
Hardware Id : ms_pschedmp
----------------------------------
Description : Teefer2 Miniport
Class : Net
Class Guid : {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Hardware Id : symc_teefer2mp
----------------------------------

i tried to make a custom srd by the BESR software (version 8.5) , and after the custom srd is ready i ran a driver validation with this cd and got the same results...  i have the same problem with all 3 comuters in my workgroup.
can anyone tell me what's wrong ?

thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

shahar
Level 4
I think that this problem occured since i thought the drivers are added automatically to the custom srd, and actually i need to add them with the add option in the custom srd wizard (correct me if i'm wrong)
the problem is that i don't know which files to use. i have the following files:
c:\windows\system32\drivers\psched.sys and c:\windows\system32\drivers\teefer2.sys. however, i need to supply an inf file, and i have'nt found appropriate files on my computer. i found some inf files on the internet but i'm not sure if they're the right ones.
can anyone help me out ?
thanks.

MallyBoy
Not applicable
I also have a simialr problem though mine is only the Packet Scheduler Miniport.

When I create the custom recovery disk it detects that this is needed but doesn't actually load it.  Presumably I do have to specify the location of the inf file but there doesn't appear to be one on the system - and I can't find one on the drivers CD that came with my system.