cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1904 when trying to install Veritas system recovery on windows 10 ver 1809

yarrx
Level 3

When i try to install Veritas system recovery 18 on windows 10 ver 1809 i get error 1904 failed to registered hresult -1073740791

When i try to install it on older windows 10 version 1803 on the same computer everything work fine. i already tried to make a clean boot and clean install of windows 10 version 1809 and it keep happening even on a clean windows 10 install.

As i see it you have a problem on the new windows 10 1809 update as it only happens on this version.

10 REPLIES 10

criley
Employee Accredited

@yarrx

I've tested this here (upgrade) and did not see this issue with build 1809 and VSR 18 SP2. What version of VSR are you using?

Also, what system locale are you using for Windows? You can go to CMD and run the systeminfo command to check this.

I have tried VSR 18 SP2 that i downloaded from you website and VSR 18 both have the same problem.

I also tried it on several other Desktops to check to see if the problem exist, some have this problem some do not. when i tried it on Lenovo Laptop X230 it works fine. but as i told you there are some desktops that does not work in windows 10 1809 i do not no way because i tried it on a fresh windows 10 1809 install, without anything else installed. on windows ver 1803 everything works fine on all PC's.

i attached you the resualt of systeminfo that i run like you asked, in that log i already installed apps but itried it before installing any of them and it still did not work.

criley
Employee Accredited

@yarrx

So is there anything different about those machines where install works when you compare to the machines where it fails? Is the locale different for example?

Also, have you opened a support case for this issue yet?

I do not see anything differnet except of the hardware, the local is the same on all of them. it seems that in certain hardware on the new windows 10 1809 VSR does not work.

The windows is fresh install so nothing dirrerent but the hardware of those PC's. As i told in previouse version of windows 10 it work without any problem.

criley
Employee Accredited

@yarrx

I don't think this has anything to do with hardware.

Can you run the winver command on both a working and failing machine, then provide the screenshot. This will show the exact build of Windows 10 and may give us some clues here.

Also, can you please confirm if you have opened a support case for this issue yet?

I attached both failing and working screenshots of winver. it looks the same, the working is from Lenovo thinkpad x230 and the failing is from desktop PC with motherboard Gigabyte z77x-d3h and i7 3770 CPU and 32Gb of Ram.

Also i did not opened a support case yet if you want you can open one.

Thanks.

criley
Employee Accredited

@yarrx

I think we need a support case opened for this - please go ahead and do this.

This needs further investigation as I have tested here and it works for me. It also clearly works for you on some machines but not others.... we need to try and identify what the differences are with working vs non-working machines.

Thank you for your advis, i just tried to open a support case but it won't let me becuase i'm using gmail account as my email see attachement.

criley
Employee Accredited

@yarrx

You can always call in and log a case: https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/contact-us.html

You need an active support contract though.