cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create system recovery bootable DVD to recover system image

RosaryHS
Level 2

I have a successful "full" backup of a 2008r2 server.

I Don't have a bootable system recovery DVD in order to perform the full image recovery.

How do I create one?  

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The 2013r2 boot disk creation worked.

The error I got was due to a missing index file.

Thanks for your help.
Mike

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

@RosaryHS

Which version of System Recovery are you using - 2013? If yes, please specify if 2013 or 2013 R2.

it's 2013...Not the R2 version

Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

@RosaryHS

OK, with that version, we used to provide recovery disks with the product (this was a long time ago).

However, this changed: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100032519.html

Your best bet is to upgrade to VSR 18 which allows you to create your own recovery disk but only to .iso format or directly to bootable USB drive. If you specifically want to use DVD, you would need to then burn the .iso file outside of the product using third-party software.

If interested, you can trial VSR 18 here: https://www.veritas.com/trial/en/us/system-recovery-18

Hope this helps.

I will try the Trial and hope that helps.

Within SSR 2013  it has a function to create a recovery CD, however, it asks me where the source location is to create the boot CD.

I attached a screenshot 

I created a SSR 2013R2 boot CD, attempted a test restore and of course it complained about a bad header when I selected the backup file.

criley
Employee Accredited

@RosaryHS

Within SSR 2013  it has a function to create a recovery CD, however, it asks me where the source location is to create the boot CD.

So if I remember correctly, that version only allows you to create a custom recovery disk. You have to present the standard recovery disk in order to do this though.

I created a SSR 2013R2 boot CD, attempted a test restore and of course it complained about a bad header when I selected the backup file.

What's the exact error?

The 2013r2 boot disk creation worked.

The error I got was due to a missing index file.

Thanks for your help.
Mike