cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find/change "send to" email for alerts

Jody_Reed
Level 3
copied this over from backup exec forum as I posted in wrong place to start.

Running Backup Exec System Recovery SBS 2010 on windows server 2003. I have stepped into a preconfigured setup.

I am getting logs/alerts from 2 different emails that have been setup, and I can only track where one is originating from. I would like to change the "send to" email address for the other.

The first was easy to locate in program under: tasks->option->smtp email.

This is for success/failure notifications.

The other email comes with subject line "Backup Exec Alert: Media Error (server: '....') "

Not to worried about the error, but just can't find were to change the email for this.

Look familiar to anyone? Any input is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

This is being generated from Backup Exec, which is separate from Backup Exec System Recovery. Open BackupExec, then select configurations and settings --> Alerts and Notifications --> Recipient configurations

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

This is being generated from Backup Exec, which is separate from Backup Exec System Recovery. Open BackupExec, then select configurations and settings --> Alerts and Notifications --> Recipient configurations

Jody_Reed
Level 3

hmm, didn't even know that was there... Well was able to change what I wanted. Thank you.

However, I guess I don't understand all this works together. Meaning Backup Exec, and Backup System recovery... Is this normal that both these exist? Is one dependant on the other?

Slightly confused :(

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Simply put, BE is a file-based backup, while BESR is sector-based backup. BESR is more of a disaster recovery solution and works by backing up your hard drives, sector-by-sector, into a single file. If a drive in your system crashes, you upgrade the drive, or want to migrate to new hardware, you can boot to the recovery disk and restore the image file to the original or different hard drive\hardware. When the machine reboots, it will boot to the point in time from when the image file was created.

That's simply put. Let us know if you have any other questions.