cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving data from unused area

Gary_Karasik
Level 5

Hi,

I'm wondering what exactly SSR2013 is doing when it's at 99% done and stalled seemingly forever at "Moving data from unused area?" There's no indication of how long this will take, and I'm just sitting here thinking of things to do. I can't really leave the system for any length of time because it might finish the crive copy at any moment. So I'm just stuck here grumbling. What I can't understand is what data there is in an unused area. If it's unused, then why is the date important to me, and why do I have to wait interminably while it is moved? Why can't there be some kind of progress indicator so I can know where I am in the process?

GaryK

20 REPLIES 20

i found the answer that works for me is to resize the image to a smaller size when putting the saved image into a smaller drive say even if the image is 100 gig hard drive but only occupies 50 gig of space on that hard drive .. but when you go to put that image of 50 gig on a 75 gig partition it begins to work fine then at the end it says it needs to move data from unused area forever and ever and ever .. if you will install the image on a like size image that it came off ..then resize the partition to a smaller size that you are going to install the image upon ..then you will not have the problem of moving data forever & ever & ever it will match up ..hope this helps looks like 8 years late on this answer ..