cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offsite to Unique Subfolder

PNSD-Y
Level 2

Hi all, 

Here is my problem: we have a big envoirement (about 40 servers) using system recovery to may system images. for every server we create a local back and now we also want to make a copy of that backup to a external NAS. but here we get into a problem. if we enable the offsite and make 1 share for all server i'am missing the option to create unique subfolders for all the server, so what happens is that all the backups are stored in 1 big folder. you can understand that it gets a bit messy after 10 incrementals for 40 servers...

so my question: is there an option (without creating a new destination for every server, because that is not a real option for us) to store the offiste in unique folders? and also not the option to create a second backupjob, because that will also be to much work.

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

Unfortunately this option does not exist in the product. I have already raised an internal enhancement request for it and I would encourage you to do the same here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Do you the "Save backup files to a unique subfolder” option of the SSR agent selected ?

PNSD-Y
Level 2

@chris, thanks for your response I will raise a request for that.

and @Markus, i have tried that option, but it only is availble for local copies and if used the offsite will still be dumped in the main folder, not in a unique subfolder

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Sorry, Chris was faster than me ! *g*

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So could you be so kind and mark this post as solved then ?