cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem deploying agent to Win2k3 servers (LSR 6.0)

Brett_Benzie
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, because I think I remember coming across this problem before, but I must've fluked a solution.. but this time, I'm stuck!

I'm trying to deploy the LSR agent to a Win2k3 server (running LSR 6.0 Advanced). The agent deployment appears to succeed, and reboots the target box successfully, but the status in LSR manager won't get beyond "checking for Livestate Recovery". A quick check of the Error Log reveals the following:
-----------------
ERR ; 4125;12/04/2006 17:30:09;CCMAGENT.EXE;"1326: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.";;;
ERR ; 4125;12/04/2006 17:30:09;CCMAGENT.EXE;"1326: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.";;;
Attempt to logon Symantec LiveState User Failed. Error: 1326: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
-----------------

I'm 80% that I've used the same account to install LSR Manager as the one I used to deploy the agent.. what am I doing wrong???

Help is rewarded with beer (pickup required, to use an ebay-ism).

Cheers,
Brett
2 REPLIES 2

Regan_Ho
Level 2
Partner
I feel LSR Manager 6.0 has some problem... so, I suggest you upgrade to LSR Manager 6.02 and try it again.

Maybe you can uninstall LSR Agent and Manager Agent from your client, and use Manager 6.02 to deploy it again.

Try it, :)

techno_nerd
Level 4
Brett,

Did you try updating to LSRM 6.0.2? And did it help?

Thanks,

Technonerd