cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Automatically optimize storage" setting on Client PCs

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

I noticed this option when I open a BESR client and go into the Manage Backup Destination Settings. It says:

"Delete old recovery point sets and limit file versions to remain within threshold without prompting"

By default it's not selected "on".  I have some policies that some users are using to backup to external drives and would like to use this feature. However when selecting that option on, it gives a message about how BESR is being centrally managed, etc. That's understandable, but for the life of me I cannot find out where in my BESRM to enforce this setting in my backup policies. I don't see any options for it in the backup policies. The closest thing I can find it to it is a setting that lets you control the number of recovery point sets saved for the backup. Nothing about automatically optimizing. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

However when selecting that option on, it gives a message about how BESR is being centrally managed, etc.

If you are using BESR-MS then obviously you cannot edit jobs at the client side so this is expected.

This option is not available in BESR-MS (I can't recall the exact reason for it right now).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

However when selecting that option on, it gives a message about how BESR is being centrally managed, etc.

If you are using BESR-MS then obviously you cannot edit jobs at the client side so this is expected.

This option is not available in BESR-MS (I can't recall the exact reason for it right now).

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

Yes, I expected that any client side changes would be blocked. What I didn't understand is why the option available on the client is not a configurable option on the BESR-MS. But since you are confirming it is NOT available, then I guess that answers my question. I guess my only option would be to have the backups save only 1 recovery point for the ones that have limited external storage space