cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore to totaly different hardware (HP to Dell) using BESR 2010

dst1000
Level 3
Hi All,

I made image of compaq DL320 G6 using 2010 version which I am testing.  I restore the image to the same machine without any issues, that worked fine.  But, I wanted to try to go to dell server.  No matter what I do it errors out.  This is Dell 2650 which is few years old.  I am wondering if this is even possible to do.   If yes what do I need to go to make this possible.  Thanks

David
8 REPLIES 8

dst1000
Level 3
I also wanted to add that is a trial copy.

swixt
Level 4
i'm interested in hearing about this thread....  what kind of 'error' is it?  what role of Server is it?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Have you enabled "Restore anywhere" in the Wizard before you start the restore  ?

dst1000
Level 3

Hi again,

I did purchase a copy of BSER and I am restoring to different hardware and I am running into an issue.  During restore process I am asked to provide a Network Driver because this is a different server I am restoring to so it has a different NIC.  I provide the the .INF file that I know for sure that is good and point the BSER to it.  Then I get an error message 'no matching drive could be found'.  I tried restoring with hidden Advanced Option, checking and unchecking for replacing the driver and Windows Mini setup load.  So basically I am at a point that I can restore to dis-similar hardware although the program claims that I can.  What do I need to do to pass this error?

Thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, have you check the driver Version of the NIC ? You could also try the W2K3 AND the W2k8 version of the NIC driver, maybe the Win PE version has todo with this.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?