cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symantec system recovery 2011: recovery disk - no network access

tori12323
Level 2

Have a custom server with an ASUS Z8PE-D18 motherboard with Intel 82576 dual gigabit network adapter.

Have tried EVERYTHING:

1. Loading drivers into the recovery disk manually - have downloaded windows vista / xp / 7 32-bit drivers... nothing works.

2. Creating a custom recovery cd with drivers. Once again have tried a variety of drivers including e1e6032.inf and e1g6032.inf, network connectivity fails everytime.

3. Following these instructions: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59869

No error - just a "could not get network adapters" notice.

This is driving me crazy and i've spent half the day working on it. Anyone have a fix?

5 REPLIES 5

tori12323
Level 2

anyone?!?

criley
Employee Accredited

You need 2008/Vista 32bit based driver that is capable of working with Windows PE 2.1 - you may need to contact the hardware vendor regarding this.

middie1975
Not applicable

I'm having the very same issue trying to create a custom recovery disk for a Windows 64-bit machine (64 bit OS).  I have a Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit network adapter, and I downloaded the 32-bit driver for that adapter, and tried to add it to the custom DVD.   But, when I boot up on the custom DVD, I have no network connectivity.   The "network services" seem to start OK, but after digging a little further, it's obvious it thinks I have no network card.   Cannot get IP address, etc.   So, I'm a little stumped right now.

mikegrills
Level 3

Same Issue....Anyone??   Anyone??  

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you have a 64bit Version of Windows PE you need 64 bit drivers.