cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symantec ystem recovery disk not created

pressyoko
Level 2

Dear all,

I have following error message when creating system recovery disk using symantec system recovery 2013 R2.

Error ECA3178D: failed to file c:\user\admin\appdata\local\temp\sysrdtemp\1c94abfc-3b11-4fco-95e4-9cd655d655d53b60\wimcontent_64bit\windows\shell\languages\template\bg\common.locale.xslt to c:\user\admin\appdata\local\temp\sysrdtemp\1c94abfc-3b11-4fco-95e4-9cd655d655d53b60\wimcontent_64bit\windows\shell\languages\template\bg\common.locale.xslt.

11 REPLIES 11

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you please provide a screenshot of the error seen?

Also, what operating system are you seeing this on? And is this English version of Windows or some other language?

pressyoko
Level 2

Hi Chris, am using Windows 7 professional and language is english.

criley
Employee Accredited

How much free space do you have on the system volume (C)?

If you try this, does it help?

1. Start
  2. Run
  3. %TEMP%
  4. Delete contents of above folder
  5. Now try and create SRD

pressyoko
Level 2

No chris, i deleted temp files biu it is not working same error.. I have 39.1 GB free of 80GB in C: drive

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you have a support case open for this issue?

Could you provide the following files which may help us to determine why it failed:

\ProgramData\Symantec\SYMANTEC SYSTEM RECOVERY\LOGS\Srelog.dbg & SRDCreatorUI.txt

JonStu
Not applicable

I have precisely the same issue since upgrading to symantec system recovery 2013 R2. Same OS (Win 7 Pro, 64 bit, English). Here's the error screen. Same error after restarting etc. and whether creating an ISO or direct to DVD.

SSR_create_error.png

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Jon - Please provide the same logs Chris asked for from the previous user. That will help pinpoint the issue.

Jeff_Hawker
Level 2

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue as the above posts.  I'm running win 8 64bit.

Can you please advise if a fix has been found for this yet ??

(have included screen shot of error, and attached log files requested in above posts )

Cheers Jeff

SRD Error.PNG

criley
Employee Accredited

Looks same/similar to this:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH227401

The issue is still under investigation. Please open a support case for your issue.

Jeff_Hawker
Level 2

Thanks Chris.

Yes that looks liek the issue.

For anyone else that experiences this problem, my solution was to download the Assessment and Deployment Kit form Microsoft and then use the Advanced Symantec System Recovery Disk Creation Option.

This then created the bootable recovery USB ok.

criley
Employee Accredited

Good to hear that worked. However, this should only be considered as a workaround - it's not fixing the actual problem.