cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

veritas system recovery for windows 10

TenOC
Level 4

Has Symantec or Veritas released a Windows 10 version of SSR and I miss the notice?

If not does anyone know a schedule date?

I want to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 because some people say 10 is faster, but I will not until I have a good backup that I know will work without problems.

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to either bookmark / subscribe to this KB article -

Support Statement for Symantec System Recovery (SSR) and Windows 10 - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH231698

TeleFragger
Level 5

I posted this somewhere else but should help you too..

FYI now that Symantec and Veritas are seperate companies, I have been working on some issues we have. I have an email from our Veritas rep that he has confirmed from both Symantec and Veritas higher ups that ALL SSR pieces (even in my case the Altiris management piece) will be handled by Veritas tech support and not by Symantec.

for me We are waiting to go from CMS 7.5SP1 HF4 to CMS 7.6HF5 as we have a few Windows 10 machines in our environment but SSR-MS 2013 R2 does not support 7.6 HFx at this time.

but was told in Mid December that SSR 2013 R2 SP4 will be out and will a. install on Windows 10 and b. have a SSR-MS piece.

thought I would share in case anyone else is still working on this. For us EVERY version of Altiris we have to wait on SSR-MS. It is frustrating to have to wait. Last time we waited to go from 7.1 to 7.5 which by the time the SSR-MS piece was out CMS was up to 7.5 SP1 HF5 !!!!!