cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication issues still not sorted out!!!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

So the authentication issue is now becoming irritating.
I click on the avatar icon to log on which it does. No hassles. Go to the Backup exec forum and I get an immediate prompt to logon which I can cancel and I log on.
Now, it has started to point me to the standard username/password screen in order to logon to do anything. This has just happened trying to give someone a kudo!??????

I STILL get the Authentication Failed. Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication (actually getting it now while typing this).

When are the guys running this platform behind the scenes going to sort this out???

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Also see this "Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication." message a lot.

Some times I think I have replied to a post, to later discover my reply was sent to /dev/null or cyber heaven.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I get this UAT prompt when I want to switch to another forum....

UAT.JPG

CraigV

I get that authentication error on 2 different browsers (Internet Explorer 11.0.33 & Google Chrome 52.0.2743.116) on 2 different laptops (work laptop = Lenovo ThinkPad; home = Asus RoG). So this is simply not a case of a browser/OS/hardware issue. it's a problem with the underlying platform.

And it's irritating to the point that I am starting to log on a bit less each time it occurs...

Marianne

I am not seeing the Authentication errors that you describe.

I normally have about 6 tabs open for the various forums that I monitor.
1st thing in the morning, I do the same as you in one of the tabs - I click on the avatar icon to log on.

I then refresh each of the other tabs and do not experience any other issues other than the UAT pop-up when I want to navigate to another forum.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

@Marianne were you part of a beta group?  I don't see any links with UAT in them.

FYI, UAT = User Acceptance Testing, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acceptance_testing

Maybe you still have permissions or links to something that is now shut down?

Marianne

Yes - TAs were part of VOX beta testing. But not using our own user names.

CraigV
We were part of the testing of Vox for a few days...and you might be onto something there Larry!

Have also gotten the vox-uat prompt, but have not been part of the UAT for VOX as far as I know.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

CraigV
Hi, 1. Not much has changed (certainly my side); 2. No RTFM...if I could find it that would be great :) 3. No, nothing else in this regard and no mention of when it would be fixed unfortunately :( Cheers!

criley
Employee Accredited

@rkingsland, can you help here? Is this something that you are aware of already??

Hi Everyone,

First, apologies for the late reply, I'm out through October 3rd so I've got limited access. 

We discovered the issue with the pop up asking for UAT authentication and thought we resolved it a few days ago. Has anyone had it happen since last week?

CraigV
Hi Ryan, Every time I log onto VOX. As long as it's on the radar I am happy to wait. Craig

I'm unable to recreate the issue. Have you tried clearing browser cache?

CraigV
I've done that multiple times on 2 different types of laptops with 2 different browsers and I still get it. Only when connecting to the Backup and Recovery forums. Never anything else. At this point I either need to live with it or throw in the towel to be honest. It has become annoying. Thanks!