cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the email address used to logon to VOX

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi All, Any idea on how to change the email address used to log on to VOX? Thanks! Craig
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

VOX works with VAM account. 

This means that you will need to create a new VAM account as you cannot change your PartnerNet account to a private email address. 

A new VAM account will mean that you will be a brand new 'level 0' VOX user with no relation to CraigV (Moderator, Trusted Advisor). 

This is exactly what happened to me when I changed jobs and a new VAM account was created. My VAM accounts were merged everywhere else in Veritas except on VOX. 

It took them about a month to figure out how to merge the VOX user id's.

I totally understand that you need to keep your PartnerNet account separate for business-related stuff. Just want to use private email for VOX.

If you create a new VAM account, you can email Ryan with the 2 VOX user-id's. The VOX IT team can them merge the 2 VOX id's without compromising your PartnerNet VAM account. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Login to myVeritas and then click on My Veritas Account on the top-right hand corner of the window.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

VOX works with VAM account. 

This means that you will need to create a new VAM account as you cannot change your PartnerNet account to a private email address. 

A new VAM account will mean that you will be a brand new 'level 0' VOX user with no relation to CraigV (Moderator, Trusted Advisor). 

This is exactly what happened to me when I changed jobs and a new VAM account was created. My VAM accounts were merged everywhere else in Veritas except on VOX. 

It took them about a month to figure out how to merge the VOX user id's.

I totally understand that you need to keep your PartnerNet account separate for business-related stuff. Just want to use private email for VOX.

If you create a new VAM account, you can email Ryan with the 2 VOX user-id's. The VOX IT team can them merge the 2 VOX id's without compromising your PartnerNet VAM account. 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Thanks Marianne, I will do the necessary.

Steven_Moran
Level 4
Accredited Certified

I work for a Veritas training partner and our email addresses have changed.  Who do we need to contact in order to fix or merge accounts?

Hello, @Steven_Moran –

Please e-mail me directly from your new e-mail account, at Alexandra.Matthiesen@veritas.com, and I will ensure you are placed in touch with the correct contact to update your VAM accounts to access the VOX community.

Kindly – Alexandra Matthiesen, VOX Community Manager

DPeaco
   VIP   

@AlexMatts 

Does this still hold true to contact you? Please advise.

Thanks,
Dennis

JustineVelcich
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee

Hi @DPeaco ,

My apologies that I missed this come through! I can help you with this request -- I'll send you a DM now :)

@JustineVelcich 

I'm sorry to be a bother but due to account complications, the Veritas Internal IT support couldn't fix my account from the old company to the new company while allowing me to retain my VIP status and my creditability of the Veritas VOX community. I'm simply asking is there any way to gain any of this back? dpeaco was my old account and the one I'm responding with now is my new account. It has taken 3 months to get this far. Please advise.

Thanks - Dennis 

JustineVelcich
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee

Hi Dennis,

I'm so sorry this STILL isn't resolved. I'm digging through our email threads from October and will move this conversation over to email for further clarification. Sending you mail now.

Thanks for your patience!
Justine