cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some remarks

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

I have some 'user feedback' for you after using VOX for a while.

If I am logged on , and enter a new discussion, when I save the discussion (POST), I have to relogon to get it posted. (little annoying)

If I am in a forum (Enterprise Vault in my case) and perform a keyword search, I see entries of all forums. I then have to select in 'location', the EV forum to see only EV related posts. It would be good to see only entries of the forum you are searching (if possible ofcourse)

Clicking on an entry opens a new tab, but seems to not recognize I am logged in already.

I am sure there are more things to note, but these are the 3 that I notice most.

Thanks!

GertjanA

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rkingsland
Level 5

Hi GertjanA,

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned below the auto sign-out appears to be an issue with many and I've opened up a ticket with our community platform (Lithium) to address the issue. Currently there is a maximum limit put on the platform of 200 minutes (which I've now set it to), but I'm going to see if we can override that. I'm curious if that is the root of the other issues you are having where the system appears to be booting you off. The way Lithium is set up you can start a discussion (not post one) without being logged in, the experience is almost identical as when a user is logged in so it can be a little confusing when it asks you to log in.

As for search, Lithium by default should favor results for the space in which you are.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, Your timeout issue is mentioned here. Might be best to add your voice to this thread too: https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Trusted-Advisors-Space/TA-Space-occasionally-not-in-the-list-of-fora-unde... Craig

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

bad URL.  Maybe linking to a non-public area?

Marianne

Sorry - the post mentioned by Craig is in a forum that is only visible to TAs.

Herewith public post:

Session timeouts 

and here:

Must login each time I post something

rkingsland
Level 5

Hi GertjanA,

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned below the auto sign-out appears to be an issue with many and I've opened up a ticket with our community platform (Lithium) to address the issue. Currently there is a maximum limit put on the platform of 200 minutes (which I've now set it to), but I'm going to see if we can override that. I'm curious if that is the root of the other issues you are having where the system appears to be booting you off. The way Lithium is set up you can start a discussion (not post one) without being logged in, the experience is almost identical as when a user is logged in so it can be a little confusing when it asks you to log in.

As for search, Lithium by default should favor results for the space in which you are.

GertjanA

Hello,

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll make a mental note of the 200 minutes, and verify if that is the case. I open the forum in the morning, and use it if and when necessary. As for the search, I'll reverify tomorrow too.

Thanks again.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA

Hello

I verified the 200 minutes setting. correct.

for searching, I still get entries from multiple forums when searching only in Enterprise Vault forum. Only by drilling down on the left to the specific forum shows only EV related entries.

Regards. Gertjan