cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create an Article

Hi All,

I have no option to add an article in:

VOX>VOX Knowledge > Base Backup and Recovery Knowledge Base >Articles

I wonder if I have to reach some level (or become a trusted advisor) to be able to write an article or if it's just my personal issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Re: Unable to create an Article

Not sure if it is a user-level / permission issue, but I have just tested it using this route:

Vox -> Communities -> Backup and Recovery 

Under Resources, click on Articles.

Here I can see a "New" button that presents me with a choice of Article templates.

@rkingsland - maybe you can help? 

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Accepted Solution!

Not sure if it is a user-level / permission issue, but I have just tested it using this route:

Vox -> Communities -> Backup and Recovery 

Under Resources, click on Articles.

Here I can see a "New" button that presents me with a choice of Article templates.

@rkingsland - maybe you can help? 

View solution in original post

Yes, I was sure that it must be there but unfortunately I have no such button.

We need to wait for an Admin to fix this... 

I too had no permissions and could not even edit my own (old) article:

Unable to edit my own Article

There is no way that an expert like you should not have rights to post articles....

Thank you Marianne!

I think Admin is the only person who can fix it. This is how my Articles page looks like:

screen.PNG

@Marianne is correct. This is a permissions issue. Based on your certs and accreditations it looks at though you would be a valuable contributor to the knowledge base. I'm going to add the permission to your profile for creating KBs.

Thanks Ryan! Now I have the button.

Unfortunately, I still can't pablish an article. I get  "form.TkbArticleEditor.action.PublishRequest.error" all the time 

I managed to create an article! I had to clear all html in it and past only plant text without any tags. Now it's in  VOX>VOX Knowledge Base> Backup and Recovery >Knowledge Base >Articles> Article Dashboard> Drafts

are you able to publish the draft?

Unfortunately, no. I have no such button. I've attached options I had during writing the article and a screenshot from drafts menu

I've selected "save and publish" and I got "Success! Revision 7 has been saved and the community has been notified that you've asked to have it published". So, it looks like  it should be approved by community, right?

Hi Mike, can you take another stab at it? I just made a change to your permissions and it should work now.

Thanks! Should I create an article from the scratch or should article interface have extra buttons to publish drafts?

hey Mike, I just made another update that should now give you the button needed to publish. Please let me know if you are able to publish.

Ryan, thank you! Now I can publish.