cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOX Login timeout, when writing a detailed message

Dale_Mahalko_LH
Level 4

Argh this Veritas VOX web discussion forum system is so annoying.

If I go through the effort of trying to write a long detailed posting, when I finally get to the point of clicking "Post", I get a bizarre message that says "ERROR You do not have permission to post. Press the Back key to leave this page" because it silently logged me off without any warning..

I have to take what I wrote, copy it out to Windows Notepad to make sure I don't lose it, then go back to the main forum list, click login, re-enter my username and password, then re-create a new post, and past back in everything from Windows Notepad.

Hey VOX forum programmers, could you make this website here even more annoying and difficult to use? I'm sure you can think of a way to do that. Maybe you could force-close the forum posting page when the user's idle timer expires?

I looked through all the user profile preferences, and nowhere can I find a "auto-logoff timer duration" setting or an option to "keep me logged on via a browser cookie, until I explicitly log off".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, @Dale_Mahalko_LH –

A quick update: I've worked with our development partners to significantly extend the login/logout timing in the VOX Community.

Again, thank you for providing this valuable feedback on your user experience; it is efforts like this that help our team improve the digital experience of all VOX Community members.

Kindly –
Alexandra
VOX Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AlexMatts
Level 6
Employee

I am sorry you've encountered a difficult VOX user experience in regard to Veritas Account Manager, or VAM; as one who routinely composes copy, I understand how frustrating it can be to create and then lose content due to something like a service time-out.

I'll contact my internal IT partners managing VAM to identify a possible solution – your VOX experience is important to us; please expect an update from me upon this Discussion thread.

And thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us so we may work to make improvements across the VOX Community – this is appreciated.

Kindly –
Alexandra
VOX Community Manager

A quick update: I've worked with our development partners to significantly extend the login/logout timing in the VOX Community.

Again, thank you for providing this valuable feedback on your user experience; it is efforts like this that help our team improve the digital experience of all VOX Community members.

Kindly –
Alexandra
VOX Community Manager

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

WOW! Thanks for this @AlexMatts!

We have been asking for this since more or less day 1:
https://vox.veritas.com/t5/VOX-Feedback/Must-login-each-time-I-post-something/m-p/814204

Hello, @Marianne –

I am pleased we were able to identify a solution alongside our development partners to improve your VOX Community experience, and especially regarding a detail you've had in mind since day one!

Kindly –
Alexandra
VOX Community Manager