cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOX links auto redirect to homepage

vnpanchal
Level 2

Facing this odd experience for quiet long however didn't paid attention. Not sure if its me only of someone else from community also experienced similar issue. Pls help

Whenever i try navigating blogs or article w.r.t Veritas.com or VOX very often links are redirect back to homepage,  and this is very frequent and makes me annoyed alot. This happens with me for only veritas websites (veritas.com and vox)

This was not issue before.  So far have tried changing OS, browsers (including every version) edge,chrome, firefox.and all possible way of connectivity. This is irrespective of i'm logged into vox. Same is experience for new support portal too.

Overall adoption of new UX is welcome but this hiccups are annoyance. Pls help us to get rid of this.

10 REPLIES 10

AlexMatts
Level 6
Employee

Hello, @vnpanchal –

Thank you for sharing this VOX experience with our team. I will reach out to our development partners to highlight your experience, identify the cause, and of course, address the issue ASAP.

Could you possibly provide a link to a page in the VOX community that results in a home page redirection? This would be helpful to offer our development partners in pursuit of a solution.

Kindly – Alexandra Matthiesen, VOX Community Manager

Hi Alex

It happens on most of time with me. Today morning also i tried accessing VSPN content and each article link reditect back to homepage. I happen to have similar odd behaviour with VOX over google search as well. Honestly it becomes annoyance especially when we are in critical situation and rely on community. 

VSPN

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Veritas-Sales-Professional/gp-p/PartnerSalesEnablement

Hello, @vnpanchal –

This is an odd user experience, and I can understand your frustration. Let's seek a solution.

While I am not able to replicate the redirection, I'll contact our internal partners responsible for the login process to the VOX community, and share your experience. Please expect an update from me upon this thread, shortly.

And thank you for your willingness to reach out to our team to improve VOX, and your continued dedication to the community.

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hello, 

me and my colleagues had these issues as well in the past. Primary for kowledgebase articles. The page loaded correctly and after some time a popup with a gear symbol came up, loaded some time and redirected us to the homepage. 

For kbs this seems to have disappeared after the last vox / kb ui upgrade but a colleague just mentioned that its still happening from time to time for vox posts.

Just wanted to let you know.

Regards

Marc 

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

AlexMatts
Level 6
Employee

Hello, @Marcde –

This is helpful information, thank you. Would you mind sharing the browser you are using?

We've a note to our internal and external development partners to attempt to identify the cause of this redirection and determine a solution.

Please know we are actively seeking a fix to provide you and other VOX users a strong experience throughout the community.

Marcde

Hello Alexandra,

primary Google Chrome. As far as I remember the issue did not occur with IE. I'll get in touch with my colleague to ask which webbrowser he is currently using. For me it did not reoccur in the last time.

Will update as soon as I get a response.

Regards

Marc 

www.serviceware.de

AlexMatts
Level 6
Employee

Hello, @Marcde –

Thank you for your ready response – it is appreciated! And I am pleased to hear the issue does not appear to be persisting.

I've shared details of your experience with the VOX community team and our development partners; awareness of these user experiences is helpful as we continue building and seeking to improve the VOX community.

Marcde

Hi Alexandra, 

so the issue occured for me again trying to access https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000127958 from https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Enterprise-Vault/Enterprise-Virtual-Vault-Error-in-Outlook-2016/m-p/84216... using Chrome 61. 

Accessing the link a second time worked. 

Regards

Marc

www.serviceware.de

AlexMatts
Level 6
Employee

Hello, @Marcde –

Thank you for this update. I've shared your latest experience with my internal team, and will contact our development partners, as well.

These details are helpful – and please know, we appreciate your effort.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified