cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is My Account Activity?

JustTryinToGetI
Level 6

I have not logged into Symantec/Veritas community forums in a month or so.

I still have my logon info and account activity for the older symantec forums. But when Veritas took over a 6-12 months ago, they took my recent account activity/posts etc and ported them over to the new site.

These were accessible until as far as I Can tell about a month ago where I could login and go to 'My Account Activity' to see my posts.

Question

How do I go about searching my account activity/posts? There should be 20-30. I see zero.

And, I see my screenname was truncated. Is there a character limit for screennames?

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

Ovi_I
Level 4

Click on your avatar and see it.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you want to Feedback on VOX itself and not specifically having questiosn about BE then this is where you can do it:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/VOX-Feedback/bd-p/VOX-Feedback

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Moved to 'VOX Feedback' for better visibility.

rkingsland
Level 5

Hi George,

I'm looking at your profile and see that you have quite a bit of activity and posts. Can you share a screen shot of what you are seeing? And yes screen names now have a character limit so some usernames were truncated. On the old community there were some usernames that had over 40 characters.

Marianne

Hi Ryan

I have quickly popped over to Symantec Connect and took a screenshot of 'My Activity' page.

This is what we were used to (we could see every single post where we contributed from day 1 of joining):

MyActivity.JPG

rkingsland
Level 5

If you go to your profile and click recent activity and then click see all it should bring you to this link:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/293072

I see 10 pages of activity dating back to early 2013. Is this what you are looking for?

Also I can change your username to something else if you like, but as you pointed out there is a character limit so it'd most likely have to be something new.

if I may join the discussion...

I was looking for something exactly like m posted in her picture. its similar to what rkingsland links to, but is grouped by discussions, so its not as cluttered and long.

the closest thing I found to it is the 'my subsciptions' page, but it doesn't show discussions from before the switch to vox.

Ryan...How do I upload an attachment?

to a reply? there should be a "choose file" button below the text field. Looks like your permissions didn't migrate over as they should have. I've updated them now and you should see the option to attach files.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Either I cannot see it or I am lacking permissions also.

Ryan...thanks for your reply.

I will not change my name at this juncture (although may do so later)

I have attached a .doc showing my experience and how to see all my activity.

(When I clicked on 'My Profile', the next page didn't have a 'recent activity' link)

I tried to 'Accept as solution' but I dont see the option present.

Ironic.....thnaks.

Hi Larry, looks like there was the same issue with your account. On the old community over the years the different community managers just continued to add more and more stuff rather than manage it. So the old community ended up with a HUGE list of custom permission levels, many of which were redundant or just unnecessary. Part of the launch of the new commnity was redifining permission levels and creating a concise list that made sense and then moving our community members from the old to the new. Some missed connections were expected to happen and I've been going through and correcting the ones we come across. You should now see the option to add attachments.

@JustTryinToGetI are you not seeing the "accept as solution" button right next to the "reply" button, or is it just not working as expected?

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Thanks, I now see a "browse" button, on the bottom left, below the text box.

May I ask why everybody doesn't have permission to attach by default?  I suspect lots of casual users will be frustrated here.

Marianne
I am 100% sure that all users could attach files on Connect. No special rights/permissions were required.

This goes back to user permission levels. There are triggers that assign permissions. The lowest permission level is "registered", meaning a user has a profile in VOX - they have registered and will automatically be given that permission level. The registered permission level does allow attachments. So in this case it goes back to how the users in the old community were migrated over. Most likely what happened was you were never placed into a permission level but rather were given overrides as an individual on the old community so when you were migrated over you never got placed into the proper permission level here. If anyone were to go create a new account through VAM right now they would have the ability to attach a file to a new discussion.