cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when replying to a thread, it implies that weird tags will be used.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

When replying to the thread, the top of the page shows "subject", "operating system", & "product version".

The default operating system show is AIX, the default product version is "10.x and earlier".

It appears that if you do not change these, they don't actually get applied to your reply, but it is very confusing.  This is especially true since the "right" answers are STILL not available in the dropdowns.

7 REPLIES 7

rkingsland
Level 5

Hi Larry,

Can you post some screen shots of what you are seeing?

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Like the attached...hope this helps!

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Ryan, exactly what Craig screenshot.

Thanks Craig.

Ah! I see, I'll open up a ticket with Lithium to see how we can alter the defaults.

rkingsland
Level 5

This feature was a customization and it sounds like we won't be able to change it until our next engagement with Lithium - phase 2 updates.

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I do not know how Craig attached his PNG.  When I use the "insert photos" option to get PNG screenshots into my posts, it brings them inline.

I am not sure which is the "right" method to add pictures/attachments to a post, but then I click on Craigs PNG link, it opens his picture in that browser tab (I am using Chrome).  The user (me) has to be aware of this and use their browser back button to go back to the thread, otherwise you lose the thread that you were reading.  Most other sites/forums seem to pop the picture as a modal pop-up or open it in a new tab, so that you don't lose your original place.

He used the "choose files" button under the text box instead of the photos option at the top of the text box. I've become fond of a chrome plugin called "hover zoom+" that if you just hover your cursor over a thumbnail or image URL it pops up the image at full size or whatever will fit your browser window. In the meantime I'll explore what other options we have with Lithium other than having it pull up its own page.