cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing at reharsal operation: cannot lookup rhearsal Port Group/VLAN

mauog_
Level 3

I was doing some test with VRP.

I set up a test  resiliency group based on Netbackup AIR replication which protect a single Vmware machine.

When I try to reharse the resiliency group I got this error:

"The rehearsal network mapping between source and target Port Group/VLAN is not defined for virtual machine(s)."

So I my understand is that I have to map the production Port Group/VLAN with the rhearsal Port Group/VLAN in the secondary dtacenter.

Unfortunately I cannot lookup in the list the Port Group/VLAN which are present in the vcenter.

What I'm doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Walter_Heim
Level 3

Hi mauog_,

The port groups and Subnets at the target site are discovered by adding the vCenter in VRP under Settings > Infrastructure > Virtualization and Private Cloud > VMware.  This is per Data Center.

The Rehearsal subnets and port group are linked per site under Settings > Infrastructure > Access Profile > Network.  Again this is done per Data Center and should be done at both source and target Data Centers.  Keep in mind that Subnets that do not have VMs running on them will not be discovered by VRP and will need to be manually added.

The production subnets and port groups for each site are then paired together under Infrastructure Pairing (left hand side icon) > Network. 

Note that the rehearsal networks are expected to be isolated networks from the rest of your environment.  Keep in mind that when the VM is rehearsed a copy of it is brought online on this network. 

If you have further issues, please open a support case.  We have Support Engineers available to guide you as needed.

Regards,

Wally

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Walter_Heim
Level 3

Hi mauog_,

The port groups and Subnets at the target site are discovered by adding the vCenter in VRP under Settings > Infrastructure > Virtualization and Private Cloud > VMware.  This is per Data Center.

The Rehearsal subnets and port group are linked per site under Settings > Infrastructure > Access Profile > Network.  Again this is done per Data Center and should be done at both source and target Data Centers.  Keep in mind that Subnets that do not have VMs running on them will not be discovered by VRP and will need to be manually added.

The production subnets and port groups for each site are then paired together under Infrastructure Pairing (left hand side icon) > Network. 

Note that the rehearsal networks are expected to be isolated networks from the rest of your environment.  Keep in mind that when the VM is rehearsed a copy of it is brought online on this network. 

If you have further issues, please open a support case.  We have Support Engineers available to guide you as needed.

Regards,

Wally