cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check VRP in "NOT LICENSE MODE"

paco2000
Level 3

We are checking the integration with NETBACKUP and VRP....we know we don´t need an license for this integration.  You can see the next link:

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100048680

We installed RM , IMS and NETBACKUP and integrate them. But there is not any NOTE about the license.

Reports NO get information about this point.

Do you know where can I identify that the LICENSE MODE??

Thanks in advanced.VRP LICENSE.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi paco2000,

The customer portal has a way to generate the slf file needed for your license.  If you have problems with that, please contact the Veritas Customer Care team and they should be able to assist generating the needed slf file via the customer portal site.

Regards,

Wally

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Walter_Heim
Level 3

Hi paco2000,

I'm not sure how to check the "no license mode'.  However, NBU Complete Edition comes with a Front-End TeraByte (FETB) license.  This NBU FETB license can be added to VRP and allows you to configure VRP Resiliency Groups based on the FETB license.  VRP's consumption of the FETB license is independent of NBUs consumption of the same FETB license.

Regards,

Wally

Hi.....

But we need a SLF file to load in the license section in VRP....there is not a SLF file ...only there is a Netbackup license in TXT format.

The next link indicate that automatically when Netbackup is integrated the license is configurated  as "License mode" NOT....

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100048680

But it did´n´t occurre.

Dou you have other comment?

Hi paco2000,

The customer portal has a way to generate the slf file needed for your license.  If you have problems with that, please contact the Veritas Customer Care team and they should be able to assist generating the needed slf file via the customer portal site.

Regards,

Wally