cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seamless migration to Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services with Veritas CloudMobility

S_Deshpande
Level 3
Employee

The difficulty of migrating workloads to the cloud depends on several factors: the time sensitive nature of the move, the amount of data and the complexities of the IT services to be moved. Most organizations have a set budget and timeline to accomplish this, and failure to migrate per the business plan can have expensive consequences.
Making it into the public cloud like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, doesn’t necessarily mean a stress-free business life. For a successful migration and business environment, there are some important factors that need to be considered.
• How do I ensure successful migration?
• Will I lose control of my workloads once they are in the cloud?
• How resilient is the public cloud?
• Will I be locked-in?

There are four key steps to creating a successful and stress-free cloud migration journey: testing and re-testing your migration strategy before runtime; ensuring your visibility into business IT health once you are in the cloud; making sure you are resilient against cloud outages; and being prepared to move out of the cloud if necessary.

Veritas CloudMobility, powered by Veritas Resiliency Platform helps ensure seamless workload migration to the cloud. It gives you the flexibility to adopt the multi-cloud on your terms and run workloads successfully at your target of choice. Automated, non-disruptive testing helps ensure successful migration, and if you change your mind, you can simply migrate back to on-premises or another cloud with easy, single-click operations.

Learn more about Veritas CloudMoblity here and sign up for our free 60 day trial!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Riaan,

Apologies for the late reply. Currently supported is on- prem to cloud and cloud to on- prem. Cloud to cloud will be supported later this year in 2-3 months.

Thanks,
Shamalee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Shamalee,

What are the directions / pairs supported at the moment i.e Data Center > AWS, AWS > Azure, or do you need to failback to Data Center before going between clouds providers?

Can we now have multiple replication targets simultaneously? I suppose this comes down to the Data Mover and since one would use VRP data mover and the other HyperV some reconfiguration would happen in the Data Center first?

Hello, @S_Deshpande –

Could you please take a moment to review the questions posed by @RiaanBadenhorst regarding the directions and/or pairs supported with CloudMobility, and other requirements for migration?

Kindly – Alexandra Matthiesen, VOX Community Manager

Hi Riaan,

Apologies for the late reply. Currently supported is on- prem to cloud and cloud to on- prem. Cloud to cloud will be supported later this year in 2-3 months.

Thanks,
Shamalee