cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intern Perspectives: Highlights from Intern Summit Week 2018

sidamarnath
Level 0
Employee

Intern Summit Week 2018 was held at the company’s Mountain View HQ from July 31st to August 2nd, and provided an opportunity for interns to showcase their achievements over the course of the summer. For me and my fellow Roseville-based interns, it was a chance to meet fellow interns from the Mountain View and Santa Clara offices and broaden our network within the organization.

The Innovation Pod Competition

The Innovation Pod Competition was a momentous highlight of Intern Summit Week 2018. In support of the program, a panel of distinguished judges, including Veritas’ David Noy, Jane Zhu, Abhijit Dey, Cameron Bahar, Geeta Pyne and Yoon Chung, witnessed a 15-minute presentation from each of the 12 CPO intern teams.

The judges expressed being impressed by the caliber of the interns and their achievements, and several teams identified opportunities for future collaboration after seeing each other’s work. Given the quality of all the presentations, I resonated with Jane’s closing statement: “Everyone was truly a winner!”

The Innovation Pod presenting interns on stage with the judges.The Innovation Pod presenting interns on stage with the judges.

Executive Speaker Series and Poster Session

Jyothi Swaroop, VP of Product & Solutions Marketing, was our guest for the intern executive speaker series during Intern Summit Week. He shared career planning tips with the interns, using his own experience transitioning from engineering to marketing. Jyothi noted the importance of crafting a succinct message as a core tenet of any marketing effort – timely advice considering that all the intern pods must now be giving some thought to how their ideas can be productized and “made market-ready.”

Veritas' Jyothi Swaroop speaking to Veritas University interns.Veritas' Jyothi Swaroop speaking to Veritas University interns.

Later that day, the teams’ communication and design skills were put to the test as we condensed our work into a trifold poster board and pitched to those visiting our booths. Veritas’ Greg Hughes and Mike Palmer even stopped by the poster session!

Veritas University interns enjoy meeting Veritas CEO, Greg Hughes.Veritas University interns enjoy meeting Veritas CEO, Greg Hughes.

Socializing during Intern Summit Week 2018

We rounded-off a memorable week celebrating our shared success with a barbeque followed by a scavenger hunt around the Mountain View campus. A couple of surprise additions included a flash mob and the “VeritOSCARS,” an event where interns nominated each other for quirky titles.

Veritas University interns dance during the Intern Summit Week celebration.Veritas University interns dance during the Intern Summit Week celebration.

I won the VeritOSCARS title, “Most likely to remind a teacher about homework.” In that spirit, let me remind my fellow interns about things they should do in their last few days at Veritas Technologies:

• Complete your final timesheet.
  • Address the remaining Veritas University program checklist.
  • And most importantly – thank everyone who made this internship a fun, memorable experience!

1 REPLY 1

LyndaLarsen
Level 3
Employee

What a great article, Siddhesh! Intern Summit Week was a ton of fun along with lots of hard work! It was incredibly good to have all of the Interns together for a few days. Thanks for including great photos that helped to tell your story. Bravo!