cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intern Perspectives: It’s all about people at Veritas

RashidHameed
Level 0
Employee

During Intern Summit Week for the Veritas University Summer 2018 session, interns from our Roseville, Mountain View, and Santa Clara offices joined forces for a week of shared activities and learning.During Intern Summit Week for the Veritas University Summer 2018 session, interns from our Roseville, Mountain View, and Santa Clara offices joined forces for a week of shared activities and learning.

It’s all about people at Veritas. From my first interaction with the company to today, I’ve realized Veritas’ dedication to hiring and promoting a thoughtful workforce. Everyone I’ve encountered across the organization is bright, friendly, and humble – willing to go above and beyond to support others.

Veritas cultivates an environment where ideas flow freely; all parties feel heard and respected, resulting in great products and lasting relationships. And I’ve witnessed this in each phase of my Veritas journey, from recruiting to working with fellow interns and executive interactions.

Recruiting

Last December I attended the Veritas campus information session and was immediately impressed. Not only was it the most fun information session I’d attended, but the Veritas University team was excited to be present, sharing videos of past interns and inviting conversation. They even held a raffle for prizes.

In my first interview I was paired with a Senior Director in Product Management. They were down-to-earth and offered opportunities to pose questions. And throughout the interview process, the Veritas University team took care of us as if we were already a part of #TeamVtas. It felt as if they wanted me to make the right decision, even if it meant interning elsewhere.

Fellow Interns

I got to know many of my fellow interns soon after I joined Veritas given the range of social events planned through the Veritas University program. Since Veritas puts so much emphasis on hiring people who align to the company’s values, I found it easy to connect and build strong relationships with my fellow interns.

I’ve gained what I believe will be lasting friendships through Veritas, watching World Cup soccer matches together (and mostly rooting for the underdogs) and even attending a Giants baseball game.

My internship project team is also great, with each individual bringing value to the team. Again, because of the principles Veritas emphasizes during hiring, the sense of ‘team’ was almost instantly present.

Executive Interaction

Finally, I’ve been impressed by the effort of Veritas executives to speak to interns throughout our internship. We all know senior leaders have full schedules – dedicating hours to engaging interns truly demonstrated how much Veritas values the Veritas University program.

Each executive speaker shared their experiences candidly, showing genuine interest. Some of the speakers even had lunch with us, providing the opportunity to talk to them freely and ask questions.

I was even pleasantly surprised to see an undergraduate intern on my project team successfully arrange a 1:1 with Veritas CEO, Greg Hughes, by simply e-mailing him. No kidding!

My 9-month journey with Veritas has been amazing – starting from the 1st informational session to the close of my internship next week. I’m grateful to have been a part of #TeamVtas, and know I will use this experience as a reference point throughout my career for what good looks like in an organization.

1 REPLY 1

LyndaLarsen
Level 3
Employee

Your article expressed how I feel about Veritas as well, Rashid! Thanks so much for taking the time to write and post. This part of your article really resonated with me: It’s all about people at Veritas. From my first interaction with the company to today, I’ve realized Veritas’ dedication to hiring and promoting a thoughtful workforce. Everyone I’ve encountered across the organization is bright, friendly, and humble – willing to go above and beyond to support others.
Sure do appreciate you and all the great work you have done while at Veritas!