cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Enabling Repeating Status Reminder

MolloySc
Level 2

Hello- 

We are looking to change how we currently use eDP. We are thinking about enabling the status reminder notices. I have tried a few tests with some success. I do have a few questions that we need some guidance on. Is there a way to get a acknowldegment box on the status reminder or is that only a option for the notice? If a Legal Hold Notice has been sent out and initially the staus reminder had not been selected but was to be selected on a later date, would the status reminder go immediatly or  at the next time selected (ex. if we were to select every 12 weeks and 2nd 12 weeks after the initial was in a day would the reminder go out then). Also is the date for the reminder calculated when the notice is sent or on the day the notice is created?

Thank you for your assistance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Howdy @MolloySc,

I wanted to follow up to see if I was able to answer you questions. If so, would you kindly mark the post as Resolved when you have an opportunity Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Hello MolloySc,

These are great questions. It would appear that you've got several questions here to challenge my Legal Hold knowledge Robot Happy

• Is there a way to get a acknowldegment box on the status reminder or is that only a option for the notice? I assume when you say "acknowledgement box" you're referring to the check box for confirmations. If so, that's only for the notice. 
  • If a Legal Hold Notice has been sent out and initially the staus reminder had not been selected but was to be selected on a later date, would the status reminder go immediatly or at the next time selected (ex. if we were to select every 12 weeks and 2nd 12 weeks after the initial was in a day would the reminder go out then). The status reminder would go out on the next time selected.
  • Also is the date for the reminder calculated when the notice is sent or on the day the notice is created? It would have to be when the notice was initially sent since a noitce can be created but not sent and you woudn't want a reminder going out when the intial notice was never sent Robot wink

I hope that I was able to help some. I would encourage you to read over the Legal Hold User Guide and Legal Hold Reference Card to assist in further developing your Legal Hold workflows. 

Best Regards,
James Harris
Veritas Technologies LLC

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Howdy @MolloySc,

I wanted to follow up to see if I was able to answer you questions. If so, would you kindly mark the post as Resolved when you have an opportunity Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Veritas Technologies LLC

MolloySc
Level 2

We have decided to go through all of our cases and enable the repeating status reminders. We have started to realize that the reminder notices are not being sent. Could it be that the repeating status reminder needed to be enabled when the notice was created?

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Hello @MolloySc,

Without seeing exactly what was/wasn't, I'd agree with you that reminders weren't enabled. Enable Repeating Status Reminder is avaialble to scheudled and enabled even after a Noitce has been sent. If they were enabled and not sent, that's another issue that you might want to open a support case to troubleshoot because it could be that the ability to send emails through your SMTP relay isn't working. Although if this were the case you might've already noticed that Notivces aren't sending in gerneral.

I hope that helps still Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Veritas Technologies LLC