cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Limit

HoosierUser
Level 3

Our Company began using Clearwell approximately a year ago.   At no point in time were we made aware that an appliance has a case limit of 100 on it.  Had we known that, we would have created different workflows for legal holds because currently we create a case for each legal hold we issue.   I know there's a way for our admin to up the limit, which we have done, but what I need to knownow is whether a case limit of say 300 would make a difference on performance IF we know that the majority of our cases are not being used for collections/processing or review.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First it is good you know the property to up the limit. I have spoken with support and they tend to stay below 150 cases. They never recommend going over that limit.

Generally start at 120 and work up to 150 if needed and thats because you are mostly doing holds.

I would say that maybe the approach on how your using legal holds need to be looked at.

Are each of these holds really for different cases? or are they seperate holds that are associated to the same case

The reason i ask is there is no real limit of hold notices per case. Your hitting the limitation of cases not hold notices. If you can group notices by case instead of a 1 to 1 what your doing today you wont ht the limitation of the case maximum.

We can take this offline if needed but I think we need to address the process to help fix the issue long term. If you want to ping me offline you can send me a PM through the connect site

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First it is good you know the property to up the limit. I have spoken with support and they tend to stay below 150 cases. They never recommend going over that limit.

Generally start at 120 and work up to 150 if needed and thats because you are mostly doing holds.

I would say that maybe the approach on how your using legal holds need to be looked at.

Are each of these holds really for different cases? or are they seperate holds that are associated to the same case

The reason i ask is there is no real limit of hold notices per case. Your hitting the limitation of cases not hold notices. If you can group notices by case instead of a 1 to 1 what your doing today you wont ht the limitation of the case maximum.

We can take this offline if needed but I think we need to address the process to help fix the issue long term. If you want to ping me offline you can send me a PM through the connect site