cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearwell Privilege Logs

ktfaye
Level 2

The documentation for the Clearwell Platform states:   Privilege log: Clearwell automatically creates a privilege log of all privileged documents for opposing counsel’s review. Users have the flexibility to select which fields to include in the report, such as document ID, custodian, to, from, subject, title, and reason codes and can produce the report in CSV format.

However, we can find nothing in the actual user guides (either administration or reviewer) that indicates just how you go about actually producing this "automatic" privilege log.  We have the "reports" feature, but of couse this is not a privilege log and has none of the options described above.

Can any one tell us what we are missing or doing wrong?

Thanks,

KTFAYE

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This should help:

How to generate a Privileged (Document) Log in Clearwell (CW).

Article:TECH207728  |  Created: 2013-06-26  |  Updated: 2013-07-17  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH207728

privilege log is a document that describes documents or other items withheld from production in a civil lawsuit under claims of attorney–client privilegework product doctrine, or trade secrets.

Solution

• In the Print dialogue choose the following:
    • Print: All documents
    • Format: Document log (CSV)
  • Select Print from the Actions drop-down menu.
  • Click on Analysis & Review.
  • Select the Case.
  • Login to Clearwell (CW).
  • Select Advanced Search, expand the Tag filter and choose the following:
    • (Expand) Tag (select) "Find Items with the following tags" (and expand) Any (to the select tag).
  • Select Print...

View solution in original post

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I know that I'm really late in replying here Robot wink However, I wanted to point out what hopefully would be obvious but I feel is missing from the article that Tony provided.

The step to select the Privilege tag is missing. The way the article reads the log would include all tagged documents and not just those tagged as Privilege which is the reason for the Privilege log in the first place.

Oh and documents would of course need to be tagged Privileged before any of this can happen Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This should help:

How to generate a Privileged (Document) Log in Clearwell (CW).

Article:TECH207728  |  Created: 2013-06-26  |  Updated: 2013-07-17  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH207728

privilege log is a document that describes documents or other items withheld from production in a civil lawsuit under claims of attorney–client privilegework product doctrine, or trade secrets.

Solution

• In the Print dialogue choose the following:
    • Print: All documents
    • Format: Document log (CSV)
  • Select Print from the Actions drop-down menu.
  • Click on Analysis & Review.
  • Select the Case.
  • Login to Clearwell (CW).
  • Select Advanced Search, expand the Tag filter and choose the following:
    • (Expand) Tag (select) "Find Items with the following tags" (and expand) Any (to the select tag).
  • Select Print...

ktfaye
Level 2

Thank you for your response, ww will give this a try!

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I know that I'm really late in replying here Robot wink However, I wanted to point out what hopefully would be obvious but I feel is missing from the article that Tony provided.

The step to select the Privilege tag is missing. The way the article reads the log would include all tagged documents and not just those tagged as Privilege which is the reason for the Privilege log in the first place.

Oh and documents would of course need to be tagged Privileged before any of this can happen Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC