cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearwell cache location

bpr186
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I am in the process if migrating data for a customer from one appliance to another.  I simply did a backup and restore of the cases.  However, on the old appliance they have the cache and scratch location set to an external storage location.  When changing the external cache location on the new appliance, the Clearwell UI fails to come up.  The error in the server log is failed to open external data directory.

I need to get this resolved asap.  Any comments or suggestion of what to try?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are migrating from one appliance to another and the old appliance will be decomissioned it is best to do the migration via a Node backup rathern than case by case

Check the permissions on the UNC and ensure your using the same accounts to access the location

If you can provide more details from the Logs we can assist or seeing as this has in effect taken the customer out of commission talk to support to get it resolved quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What is the path to the external location?  Is it a UNC?  You might want to ping support if this is extremely urgent.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are migrating from one appliance to another and the old appliance will be decomissioned it is best to do the migration via a Node backup rathern than case by case

Check the permissions on the UNC and ensure your using the same accounts to access the location

If you can provide more details from the Logs we can assist or seeing as this has in effect taken the customer out of commission talk to support to get it resolved quickly