cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearwell - file collection - admin($) shares

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

I am getting a permissions denied on my filers (not file&print servers) when attempting to collect against an admin($) share.  It works fine on the filers on normal shares and works fine on the F&P servers admin or normal shares.   Additionally, I can access the share via Windows Explorer using the CW admin account with no problems. Has anyone else run across this type problem.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Solution was installing a hotfix from Support to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What filer are you using?

Are the shares being correctly presented as CIFS shares?

Are the NFS shares pretending to be CIFS?

If the shares are not being presented correctly as CIFS there may be an issue collecting the data

Have you tried mapping the filer share to a windows server drive then try to collect the drive via the windows d$ or F$ or whatever letter you assign it to?

That would be a good test to see of Clearwell has an issue to negotiate with the filer representation of CIFS. If using windows as the intermeditary between it and the filer works the issue is how the filer presents it's self as CIFS

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you get a solution to this issue? If it was one of the posts please mark it as the soluton if you have your own solution please post it and mark it as the solution so others may learn from it

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Solution was installing a hotfix from Support to fix the problem.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks Wes, could you share the fix number or technote if you have it?