cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearwell v8.1.1R1 domain change for exisiting clearwell appliance

bc1410
Level 5

Getting the following error message:

Caused by: com.teneo.esa.admin.service.shell.ServiceInitializationException: [#71000] Admin Services Error : clusterupdateservice.clusterupdateservice - [#156061] The currently configured network identity of this appliance xxx-xxx-xxxx-1.xxxx-test.com:2595 does not match the bootstrap configuration xxx-xxx-xxxx-1.xxxx.com:2595. Use the cluster-admin tool to reset master boot configuration.

How do I use the cluster-admin tool?  Not sure how to even access it?   We moved a Clearwell appliance from one domain to a xxxx-test.com domain.   I think this appliance back in the day before I came here was maybe configured for a cluster environment but its not being used in that way.   Just a stand alone clearwell appliance. 

any comments or solutions are appriciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello @bc1410,

There's a techincal article about this, but it hasn't even been published. Most of the details you provided match exactly.

Here's what the article says about cause and solution:

Cause

The Clearwell boot configuration of the appliance is set to a non-resolvable host name, or a non-existent IP address.

By default, the Clearwell boot configuration (of a standalone or a cluster master appliance) points to "localhost". By comparison, worker node appliances in a cluster configuration point to the cluster master host name or IP address. One possible reason why the boot configuration of a cluster master appliance is not pointing to "localhost", is if the cluster master appliance was previously configured as a worker node appliance.

Solution

On the standalone or cluster master appliance, reset the boot configuration to point to "localhost", as follows:

1. Navigate to D:\CW\Vxxx
  2. Run the following command:
    b cluster-admin resetMaster localhost:2595
  3. Restart the Clearwell services in the CW Utility.

You should now be able to log into the appliance.

These steps should reset the appliance back as a standalone.

Hope it helps Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Hello @bc1410,

There's a techincal article about this, but it hasn't even been published. Most of the details you provided match exactly.

Here's what the article says about cause and solution:

Cause

The Clearwell boot configuration of the appliance is set to a non-resolvable host name, or a non-existent IP address.

By default, the Clearwell boot configuration (of a standalone or a cluster master appliance) points to "localhost". By comparison, worker node appliances in a cluster configuration point to the cluster master host name or IP address. One possible reason why the boot configuration of a cluster master appliance is not pointing to "localhost", is if the cluster master appliance was previously configured as a worker node appliance.

Solution

On the standalone or cluster master appliance, reset the boot configuration to point to "localhost", as follows:

1. Navigate to D:\CW\Vxxx
  2. Run the following command:
    b cluster-admin resetMaster localhost:2595
  3. Restart the Clearwell services in the CW Utility.

You should now be able to log into the appliance.

These steps should reset the appliance back as a standalone.

Hope it helps Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

As always I appreciate your response Jimmy.   But I beat you to the chase.   I know about the whole "b commands" but never really played around much with them except for the basic "b" command to stop and start services.   I dug a little deeper yesterday into the "b commands" and thought maybe it would be the "b cluster-admin moveMaster" but I couldnt get the syntax correct.  Played around with it for a while then I noticed the "reset" b cluster-admin command.   So I had nothing to lose but try it.  I tried it this morning and restarted services and even bounced the server and it worked for me.     Thank you so much..   I wish Veritas would publish more literature or manuals on the "b commands".   Hardly anything out there regarding these commands.   Thanks again James!!!!

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

No worries. Always willing to help where I can Robot Happy

If you ever want to reference what each of the b commands:

To list of them all type b help

b commands.png

Then, to get subcommands type, e.g. b help-auto

b commands auto.png 

Best Regards,
James Harris