Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling unused Clearwell services and changing .\cwadmin account password

Ali_G
Level 4
Employee

Hello Everyone

Any thoughts, suggestions on:

1. Disabling unused Clearwell services? We have an appliance which is only used for Legal Hold. We would like to disable unused services such as NSFCrawler, Retriever and NXGrid services
  2. Changing local service accounts such as .\cwappadmin and .\ESADocImager

Are there a published documents or procedures we should follow to accomplish these two tasks? Any gotchas or lessons learned from your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Ali_G,

This is the technote with steps we have at present:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000086539

I've seen a few customers disable services on non-LH servers and it's been functional, it does add some additional lines of logging where it fails to start services but it appears to work OK.

The technote above doesn't mention all of the services that you've listed, I don't see why it'd cause a problem to disable them, but before deleting it's worth testing this to ensure no unexpected issues.

Changing accounts shouldn't be an an issue either, many customers are using domain accounts and other local accounts they've created - as long as they have the necessary access required on the accounts this shouldn't be an issue. The requirements for the accounts are listed in the installation guide.

Daly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Ali_G,

This is the technote with steps we have at present:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000086539

I've seen a few customers disable services on non-LH servers and it's been functional, it does add some additional lines of logging where it fails to start services but it appears to work OK.

The technote above doesn't mention all of the services that you've listed, I don't see why it'd cause a problem to disable them, but before deleting it's worth testing this to ensure no unexpected issues.

Changing accounts shouldn't be an an issue either, many customers are using domain accounts and other local accounts they've created - as long as they have the necessary access required on the accounts this shouldn't be an issue. The requirements for the accounts are listed in the installation guide.

Daly

Ali_G
Level 4
Employee

Thank you Daly, appreciate it.