cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever managed to get an individual page count of a folder in Clearwell?

hickmana
Level 2
Partner

Client has asked for page count of a folder they are about to review.  Folder has over 50,000 items but I can't easily see how to give an accurate page count (of single pages not items). 

Has anyone come across an easy way of getting this information?  Running a production simply gives me a count of items again.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi There,

I am afraid, but the answer would be “No”. You can't achieve holistic view of Page counts of all items (based on the source dataset) within a folder. 

Couple of reason behind the answer...

1. Most of the items are not page’able (Example: an email, audio transcript and many other file types )

2. Only few file format can give you conclusive Page count at source (Example : PDF, PPT.  Even DOC doesn’t fall in this category  as Page count differs on basis of print margin )

As far as Clearwell PAR is concerned, it can compute page counts only for PDF and PPT document types (for other types we leave it blank) These page counts are computed during processing and once document is processed there is no way to update that information.You can try this out by running a cache job on a Folder and get Page count without running a production.  Case Home -> Imaging & Rendering -> Report Button. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Now talking about Page counts in Production Export workflow, you can use following stepes to generatate TIFF images in multiple pages. 

Perform a Production Export by exporting all items as Images. eDP in this case will export all items page wise with a separate bates number. The total reviewable pages count can hence be determined by looking at bates number in productions folder.

Steps:

• Create a new Folder under Production Folder, select Prodution Type as Images
  • Add items in to that Folder and Lock & Produce.
  • Perform a Productions Export for all items by selecting option to Include Images as TIFF.
  • Once Job is completed, navigate to Export Productions Folder and open Images folder. The count of the items in this folder will be total number of pages across all items.

Obviously there is a fundamental difference between both things I am saying. Not sure which one is best suited for your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alok

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi There,

I am afraid, but the answer would be “No”. You can't achieve holistic view of Page counts of all items (based on the source dataset) within a folder. 

Couple of reason behind the answer...

1. Most of the items are not page’able (Example: an email, audio transcript and many other file types )

2. Only few file format can give you conclusive Page count at source (Example : PDF, PPT.  Even DOC doesn’t fall in this category  as Page count differs on basis of print margin )

As far as Clearwell PAR is concerned, it can compute page counts only for PDF and PPT document types (for other types we leave it blank) These page counts are computed during processing and once document is processed there is no way to update that information.You can try this out by running a cache job on a Folder and get Page count without running a production.  Case Home -> Imaging & Rendering -> Report Button. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Now talking about Page counts in Production Export workflow, you can use following stepes to generatate TIFF images in multiple pages. 

Perform a Production Export by exporting all items as Images. eDP in this case will export all items page wise with a separate bates number. The total reviewable pages count can hence be determined by looking at bates number in productions folder.

Steps:

• Create a new Folder under Production Folder, select Prodution Type as Images
  • Add items in to that Folder and Lock & Produce.
  • Perform a Productions Export for all items by selecting option to Include Images as TIFF.
  • Once Job is completed, navigate to Export Productions Folder and open Images folder. The count of the items in this folder will be total number of pages across all items.

Obviously there is a fundamental difference between both things I am saying. Not sure which one is best suited for your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alok