cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reconcile the exact data that has been collected as being processed

Donnalyn
Level 3

Hi, Using v7.1.2.33.2 and we need to be able to reconcile that the data collections have all been processed.  Is there a report that will show this?   We put data in collections sets and when we expand the sets, it is not clear exactly which data files they were. 

Thank you, appreciate the help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Donnalyn, I'm not sure if this is the best option but you could do a metadata export and try including NativeFilePath and the other NativeFile fields, this might give you the information you require. If not, please give further information as someone else may have a better solution.

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Donnalyn,

You may have had your questions address already but I wanted to post some additional info.

It would appear that you're asking two questions here:

We need to be able to reconcile that the data collections have all been processed.  Is there a report that will show this?  

You can Export a report in CSV as follows: 

1. Select a Case.
  2. Click Processing > Processing Status.
  3. Select the Processing Statistics tab.
  4. Select a Batch or All Batches from the Processing Batch drop down menu.
  5. Click Export.
  6. Save the CSV report. 

We put data in collections sets and when we expand the sets, it is not clear exactly which data files they were. 

This is issue has been reported as ESA-23441 Collection set creation should show collection task description in the Tasks/Custodians tab which is an enhancement request. Unfortuantely, there's no easy workaround, etc. to determine which Collection Tasks are which, execpt to check manually. However, you coud utilize the dashboard grpahs when creating a new Collection Set to identify each Collection Task.

I hope the aforementioned info helps.  

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Donnalyn,

Today I created an Idea Creation of a Collection Set should provide a method of distinguishing between Collection Tasks in C...that I cited in my last post. If this relates to your second question, please vote for it when you have a chance.

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

SMAF
Level 3

I don't use the collections module myself, I process email and L01 files mostly.  In the Processing tab there is a menu option for Pre-Processing Reports. There are a number of reports there that may be of assistance. I use the Already Processed Files report and balance that against my Job Tracking log. The Already Processed Files report is part of the documentation trail.