cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ingest collection into new case?

MKimler
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Is there a way to copy collection data that I performed from one case and ingest it into a new case? I cannot seem to figure out a way to import a collection already performed. I have a few collections already done and would prefer not to do them all over again for a new case.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Howdy @MKimler,

This one is easy Robot Happy

1. Go to All Collections
  2. Select the applicable Collection
  3. Click on the Success (or Partial Success) link under the Status column for each Collection Task which will open a pop-up window called Collection Task Status
  4. In the Collection Task Status window under the Status column you'll find a path for the discovered valid package. The path will be something like D:\Destination\Collections\Exchange\0.27.6.61-20160908-091257-074. This is the destination where the Collections get written. 
  5. Go to the destination and drill down to the content folder where you'll find the PST files created during the Collection. 

After you have the PSTs, you'll want to stage them at your source data location and Add a case folder for the PSTs under Case Home > Processing > Source & Pre-Processing. This is the same workflow that you'd use when setting up loose files for Processing. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything further. 

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Howdy @MKimler,

This one is easy Robot Happy

1. Go to All Collections
  2. Select the applicable Collection
  3. Click on the Success (or Partial Success) link under the Status column for each Collection Task which will open a pop-up window called Collection Task Status
  4. In the Collection Task Status window under the Status column you'll find a path for the discovered valid package. The path will be something like D:\Destination\Collections\Exchange\0.27.6.61-20160908-091257-074. This is the destination where the Collections get written. 
  5. Go to the destination and drill down to the content folder where you'll find the PST files created during the Collection. 

After you have the PSTs, you'll want to stage them at your source data location and Add a case folder for the PSTs under Case Home > Processing > Source & Pre-Processing. This is the same workflow that you'd use when setting up loose files for Processing. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything further. 

Best Regards,
James Harris
Veritas Technologies LLC

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Hello @MKimler,

Just doing a follow up to see if you had any luck finidng the PSTs created by a Collection Task?

Best Regards,
James Harris
Veritas Technologies LLC

MKimler
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Sorry for the delay. Yes, this worked! Thanks for the information.

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Hello @MKimler,

That's so good to hear!

This was a good question. Knowing were to find the raw PSTs created during a Collection can be a time saver when/if no review, mark up, etc. is needed and you need to get someting out the door Robot Happy

Would you mind marking the post as Resolved when you have a moment. 

Best Regards,
James Harris
Veritas Technologies LLC