Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal Hold for Enterprise Vault using Clearwell

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

All,

I just want to announce to the community that the ability to place data on Legal Hold within Enterprise Vault is now available in Clearwell 7.1.1 FIX 1

This presently only applies to Exchange and Domino Mailbox and Journal archives. More supported archives coming later this year

If you are an existing Clearwell customer you need to install FIX 1 which you can download from FileConnect. All new customers will automatically have this installed on their new Clearwell appliances when freshly installed for you.

If you have any question on this please let me know

Liam

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

very cool! thanks for letting us know.

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Hello Liam,

Would you be referring the Running Custodian Assignments section of the Symantec Clearwell Identification and Collection Guide 7.1.1 doucment? Just wanted to make clear for my own knowledge.

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Jimmy

This refers to hold in place within EV. This is in 7.1.1 Fix 1 the document you are referring to in 7.1.1 does not include the EV Hold information

As you know 7.1.1 introduced the ability to search content in EV.

7.1.1 Fix1 added the ability to put data within Ebterprise Vault on Hold within EV so that the data can not be deleted

Custodian assignement is assignment of a custodian to data when you collect data into Clearwell. 

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Hello Liam,

I answered my own question and the section I described was incorrect. I had to separate the term Legal Hold from a data hold in Collections before I got it enlightened Maybe this topic should be modified to read "Data (or Legal) Hold for Enterprise Vault using Clearwell".

I found the data hold that you referenced under the All Collections, select a Case and select Hold within the Case settings.

Hopefully this is helpful for somebody else. I will certainly pass along this info to my colleagues here.

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Happy to help. Feel free to ping me if you need any further info