Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load file question

Vasilis_Kapinos
Level 2
Partner

Hi guys :)

I'm pretty new to Clearwell and will need your help with a load file question. I've been trying to import a few tag columns as multiple field tags in the Tags tab selecting the option "Use Clearwell tagging syntax" with no success. Even when I select the "Indication that document is tagged" option and pre-processing goes through ok, I am not getting any of the fields after processing. Any ideas why this is occurring or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Vas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vasilis_Kapinos
Level 2
Partner

Hi Eileen,

Sure! It's pretty easy to follow the logic if you do a tags export but I'll try to explain it here.

So, first of all the tag columns should be consecutive in your loadfile, so that you can use the option "Multiple fields:
Starting Column: ExampleTag1                    Ending Column: ExampleTagN
Use Clearwell tagging syntax" from the Tags tab.

Then, you have to decide how you are going to represent your tags in review. The most frequent options are radio buttons and check boxes.

I think its better to describe the manipulation process with an example.

So, let say that the tag column is called MyTagSet and has 3  distinct values (MyValue1, MyValue2, MyValue3).

The first step is to create as many new tag columns as the distinct values of the tag (in case it is a multivalue field), and name them as "Tag Set - Tag Value". For our particular example, this means you would have to create 3 new columns called:
"MyTagSet - MyValue1", "MyTagSet - MyValue2", "MyTagSet - MyValue3"

The next step is to populate the records of the new columns with their corresponding values.
A. In case you want your tags to be radio buttons then the value populated should be the exact value of the tag which in our example is MyValue1, MyValue2, MyValue3 respectively.
B. In case you want your tags to be check boxes then you populate those records with the value "Yes".

Hope this is helpful. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Vas

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Vasilis_Kapinos
Level 2
Partner

No worries guys. Resolved it!

Eileen
Level 6

Hi Vas,

Are you able to share your solution so other community members can benefit?

Thanks,

Eileen

Vasilis_Kapinos
Level 2
Partner

Hi Eileen,

Sure! It's pretty easy to follow the logic if you do a tags export but I'll try to explain it here.

So, first of all the tag columns should be consecutive in your loadfile, so that you can use the option "Multiple fields:
Starting Column: ExampleTag1                    Ending Column: ExampleTagN
Use Clearwell tagging syntax" from the Tags tab.

Then, you have to decide how you are going to represent your tags in review. The most frequent options are radio buttons and check boxes.

I think its better to describe the manipulation process with an example.

So, let say that the tag column is called MyTagSet and has 3  distinct values (MyValue1, MyValue2, MyValue3).

The first step is to create as many new tag columns as the distinct values of the tag (in case it is a multivalue field), and name them as "Tag Set - Tag Value". For our particular example, this means you would have to create 3 new columns called:
"MyTagSet - MyValue1", "MyTagSet - MyValue2", "MyTagSet - MyValue3"

The next step is to populate the records of the new columns with their corresponding values.
A. In case you want your tags to be radio buttons then the value populated should be the exact value of the tag which in our example is MyValue1, MyValue2, MyValue3 respectively.
B. In case you want your tags to be check boxes then you populate those records with the value "Yes".

Hope this is helpful. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Vas

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Great explanation.

Eileen
Level 6

Great!  Thanks for posting the solution for the community.