Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum hardware requirements

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I´m trying to install a Clearwell lab and noticed in the installation guide that at least 8 core processors and 32 GB of memory is required. My questions are:

1. Is it possible to intall CW and get it working with less resources? Of course a low performance would be expected.

2. What about installing CW in a VM machine in a PC?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you can install CW on a VM.  There is a way to install it with fewer resources.  I can PM you the steps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you can install CW on a VM.  There is a way to install it with fewer resources.  I can PM you the steps.

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Jose Luis Perez 2,

1) It is possible to install with less resource but like you've said, the performance will be poor and it'll be an unsupported configuration if you do require support.

2) We do have some customers who use virtual machines but they're usually on high performance servers with dedicated hypervisors, not PCs. You may find that you don't really have the power to do both capably, you'll definitely notice a slowdown in discovery, processing, searching and it may result in oddities you may not see with a full spec.

As it's only a lab environment, I guess it's not such a problem. :)

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks Tony,

Please do, I´ll appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks dwhyte1985,

It was useful. I´ll try to install with the rsources I have.

kpc
Level 2

Hi guys.  I'm looking to install on ESXi.  Not dedicated but a high performance server, 256GB, 4CPU, fast SAN etc.

Tony could you either PM or email me over the steps please, or is it straight-forward, anything I need to know before hand which may be of help?

Regards

Pete