cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGP support in eDiscovery plaform

AlanBilham1
Level 3

I have a customer who has a number of PGP encrypted mails and item in exhchange and EV that need  discovered.  Does anyone know if and when eDiscovery platformwillprovidea method to decrypt PGP encrypted items or is there an kind of solution that we could consider? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry @AlanBilham1 I don't see anything about it Robot Embarassed For now, I'd say that my suggestions should work for you Robot Happy

Could I kindly ask that you mark this post as Resolved if you feel I've answered your questions.

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Hello @AlanBilham1,

Unfortunately at the moment eDP can only decrypt messages PKI and RMS encrypted PST messages for Processing and Export.

However, that doesn't mean that these messages cannot be ingested in eDP. I could think of a few ways that this could happen:

• Loose Files -
    1. Export PSTs and/or message from Exchange and/or EV.
    2. Decrypt  PSTs and/or messages.
    3. Stage decrypted PSTs and/or message loose files for ingestion in eDP. 
  • EV Collections
    1. Use a 3rd party adapter like Adapter for Secure Messaging and Rights Management Server to decrypt messages before being archived by EV.
    2. Run EV Collections.

I hope that helps with some ideas Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Veritas Technologies LLC

Thanks for the response, I guessed that was going to be the answer.  Do you know if PGP is on any roadmaps, would help us a lot if it was?

Thanks

Alan

JimmyClearwell
Level 5

Sorry @AlanBilham1 I don't see anything about it Robot Embarassed For now, I'd say that my suggestions should work for you Robot Happy

Could I kindly ask that you mark this post as Resolved if you feel I've answered your questions.

Best Regards,
James Harris
Veritas Technologies LLC