cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST collections

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Is there a way, or will it be availble soon, to limit the collection of a PST to only those emails that are not responsive and not the entire PST?  I have several collections where large PST files are collected (counting against the Processing license) and only a handful of emails (less than 10% of the size of the PSTs) are actually responsive to the search criteria.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Confirmed, There are presently no plans to use collection agents for Clearwell.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you might to write:

"to limit the collection of a PST to only those emails that are responsive and not the entire PST?" 

Just want to be sure I am following what you are saying. 

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

I will check with the Product Manager for Collections but I have not heard of any plans to do this.

To open a PST to see whats inside requires that the PST needs to be copied to the Clearwell Appliance then opened using the Outlook api's copying the PST to the Clearwell Appliance is faster than trying to open it over the LAN or WAN.

The only way that would make sense to make this work is to have an agent that can leverage Outlook on the machine your collecting from to open the PST then from there search the content and extract the items that matches the search parameters. This would add a heavy load on the source PC and may become counter productive as well as taking much longer to search the content as a desktop will not have the capabilities and power as the Clearwell Appliance

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Confirmed, There are presently no plans to use collection agents for Clearwell.

jejdag
Level 3

On a related note, is there a way to purge some old, legacy adresses from the custodian database?  We have some old x 400 and x 500 addresses, that by virtue of their spaces, fouls up our collections.