cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports required by eDP

AlanBilham1
Level 3

Hi,

We have a need to move our eDP server behind a firewall that will effectivly seperate it from Exchange, EV etc.  This means that to do all the crawling etc we will need to open specific ports.

Is there a definitive list of the port requirements that we could use as a basis for discussions with our firewall people.  They will want to lock it down as far as possible?

Thanks you

4 REPLIES 4

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Howdy @AlanBilham1,

Take a look at the attached eDPArchitecture Diagram. While it's not a definitive list of ports, there's a list in the diagram that does specify the more common ports along with other ports, e.g. 2595, listed by functionality throughout the diagram.

Also, you may find the diagram handy in general and for future reference Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

AlanBilham
Level 3
Partner

Many thanks for this it's just what I was after. Willkeepour firewallpeoplevery happy

Regards

Alan

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Came acorss another list of ports that you might find handy. And it's an actual list Robot Very Happy
edpports.png

Also, would you kindly mark this post as Resolved when you have an opportunity Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

Thanks for this and my question is indeed resolvedbut I dont see anywhere to 'mark it' as such

Regards Alan