cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Folder archives as targets?

AlanBilham1
Level 3

Hi,

Does anyone have a way to target Exchange Public Folder archives in EV with eDP?  We have a number of legacy PF archives that we would like to be able to do discovery on.  PF's are no longer being used, so this is legacy data that is no being added to.  I was thinking perhaps we could convert these archives to mailbox type?  Is there a procedure to do that or is there another way we can target these archives with eDP?

Thanks

Alan

2 REPLIES 2

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Alan,

As far as I'm aware, we don't show public folders as a target for an EV collection - I don't think public folder archives are supported.

In terms of tweaking/changing anything in EV SQL to change the type of archive to a mailbox, this might result in problems as we try to access the the public folder as a mailbox since we use specific API calls to do this and technically it's not a mailbox. If any changes are made on SQL around this area, you will likely need to re-run an EV discovery for eDP to see the changes. 

If this doesn't work it's worth raising this as a feature request with your account manager - I am not sure how much we can do from a support perspective but it's worth raising a case to ask. A workaround might be exporting the data from EV to process as a folder source with eDP.

Daly

Thanks for the update..  Were trying to avoid going down the 'export from EV' route.  As these PF archives are essentially just historic,  i'd rather explore the possibility to change them to mailfiles.  I have a ticket open with support at the moment - which will probably need to go to EV support for some fancy SQL (if it's possible).  I have a Lab environment to test it out in and i'll also raise a feature request. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Alan