cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track Changes not showing up in print job

phyllis
Not applicable

When printing a documents that has track changes in it, the print job does not show the track changes.  Is there a way to show the track changes when exporting/printing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Mike, it simply updating to say that the way forward here is to contact support. They'll be able to find the 'old' issues that I worked on at Symantec, and/or they'll be able to thoroughly test the whole thing end to end.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Fairly sure I worked on this issue when I worked in Symantec Engineering - Can't find a technote though.  Have you contacted Symantec Support?

You might also want to add Outlook version, EV Version, etc.

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Phyllis,

Can you see the changes in native view? If you can, you could click on the print icon here and print to a PDF printer. I am not aware of any configurables to make this work on PDF print, I will take a look when in the office tomorrow.

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Phyllis,

I did not find anything to state this is configurable within Clearwell, it's definitely worth raising a ticket to investigate further if my other suggestion did not work as we may need to investigate another way of getting this information out.

Mike_Rossander
Level 2

I thought I knew how to do this but just ran a test with a Word document with some tracked changes and it failed miserably.  Text view shows the changes but Native collapses to just the latest version.  The Clearwell header shows the Hidden Content flag but I can't even get that to show up on a metadata export.

I think this needs to be escalated to a bug report.  Hidden content is not even being properly presented for review, much less formatted properly for export.

Dani_L
Level 2
Partner Accredited

I believe the issue is related to the state the document was saved when indexed.  If track changes was open/visible when collected then you would be able to print them from within Clearwell, if track changes was hidden in the document when collected/indexed then you have to download and save a copy in order to see the track changes in the file.  Hope this helps.

Mike_Rossander
Level 2

In what conceivable way is this issue "solved"?!?  The comment marked as the solution merely says Mr Wilcox thought he worked on this long ago.  My own testing months after confirmed that this is still a problem and most emphatically is NOT solved yet.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Mike, it simply updating to say that the way forward here is to contact support. They'll be able to find the 'old' issues that I worked on at Symantec, and/or they'll be able to thoroughly test the whole thing end to end.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi guys, my fault as I marked the post in error.  I will get it cleared asap.

TS