cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade 8.11 to 8.2 question

AlanB2
Level 3

Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade from 8.11 to 8.2 soon and i'm wondering is I can do it by setting up a new 8.2 server and then doing an appliance backup with cases on 8.11 and restoring it onto 8.2 Would that work and are there likley to be any pitfalls to look out for? 

Regards

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello @AlanB2,

Yes. Here's a set of high-level steps to follow:

1. 8.1.1 Appliance (Node) Backup in the CW Utility. Note: You may want to answer N to including a copy of Case Backups if you have a separate set already as this will increase the size of your Appliance (Node) Backup.
  2. Fresh install of 8.2 on the new server. Note: Don't apply any available CHFs.
  3. 8.1.1 Appliance (Node) Restore in the CW Utility. Note: You will want to answer Y to bring in the configuration changes. 
  4. Reboot the server.
  5.  Allow Case Upgrades to complete. Go to All Processing. Cases will be successfully upgraded when the Status column reads On-line.
  6. Apply the latest CHF which is eDiscovery Platform 8.2 Cumulative Hotfix 4 Release http://www.veritas.com/docs/000125899. CHF5 should be out on May 22. Note: Make sure that the CW services are started after applying the CHF. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello @AlanB2,

Yes. Here's a set of high-level steps to follow:

1. 8.1.1 Appliance (Node) Backup in the CW Utility. Note: You may want to answer N to including a copy of Case Backups if you have a separate set already as this will increase the size of your Appliance (Node) Backup.
  2. Fresh install of 8.2 on the new server. Note: Don't apply any available CHFs.
  3. 8.1.1 Appliance (Node) Restore in the CW Utility. Note: You will want to answer Y to bring in the configuration changes. 
  4. Reboot the server.
  5.  Allow Case Upgrades to complete. Go to All Processing. Cases will be successfully upgraded when the Status column reads On-line.
  6. Apply the latest CHF which is eDiscovery Platform 8.2 Cumulative Hotfix 4 Release http://www.veritas.com/docs/000125899. CHF5 should be out on May 22. Note: Make sure that the CW services are started after applying the CHF. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

Thanks!!  That will make life a lot easier