Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

allowed list of WSUS appliable patches

moorrees
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

i want to start using an internal Wsus server for our clearwell servers, but i am wondering, can any Microsoft offered patch be applied? including the MS Office patches?

are there certain patches that we need to exclude?

If so, is there list of KB numbers that i should NOT apply to a Clearwell server? Are all MS updates tested for compatibility by Symantec? or does Symantec have a list of verified patches that are allowed to be applied?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think this would help you out:

What Windows (MS) Updates are approved for the Clearwell (CW) server?

Problem

A Clearwell (CW) system administrator would like to know what Windows (MS) Updates are approved for the Clearwell (CW) server.

Cause

• Windows (MS) Updates part of a push to all servers in the network with the Clearwell (CW) server included.
  • Windows (MS) Updates have not been applied to the Clearwell (CW) server. 
  • Windows (MS) Updates are available for the Clearwell (CW) server.

Solution

Clearwell support maintains a list of Microsoft patches that are currently running in the internal labs which do not cause any known issues, the link to the reports is bit.ly/1Ean3N8

If a patch is believed to cause issues, it is recommended to remove it from the system and to contact support directly so the patch can be fully investigated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

I think this would help you out:

What Windows (MS) Updates are approved for the Clearwell (CW) server?

Problem

A Clearwell (CW) system administrator would like to know what Windows (MS) Updates are approved for the Clearwell (CW) server.

Cause

• Windows (MS) Updates part of a push to all servers in the network with the Clearwell (CW) server included.
  • Windows (MS) Updates have not been applied to the Clearwell (CW) server. 
  • Windows (MS) Updates are available for the Clearwell (CW) server.

Solution

Clearwell support maintains a list of Microsoft patches that are currently running in the internal labs which do not cause any known issues, the link to the reports is bit.ly/1Ean3N8

If a patch is believed to cause issues, it is recommended to remove it from the system and to contact support directly so the patch can be fully investigated.

moorrees
Level 3
Partner Accredited

hi,

this ideed does help.

In the bottom of the exported html files i can see it is probably generated from a WSUS server with a powershell script. Is this something symantec IP? or is it shareable, and useable the other way around? could i use it (alter it) to apply this approvals to a newly created group within my WSUS server?

Because the list is updated regularly, and is it is a real pain to go over the list every month to see the 'new approvals'.

TonySterling

You might want to see if your Partner manager can put you in contact with a RPM. (Regional Product Manager) 

Or you could ping Daly Whyte.  He may be able to assist.

Best,