cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discovery scan failed

abdjuk17
Level 3

Hi All,

I've been trying to process psts through adding a case file source and evey time I get the following:

"Discovery scan failed", and the reason is "discovery failed as cpu stats could not be gathered"

I've checked each pst for errors by using scan.pst and fixed any errors. I've also opened them using outlook which works. I've even tried to process different psts and I get the same thing. Nothing has been changed with clearwell so unsure as to what to do next. Any ideas?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Daly
Level 5
Partner Employee Accredited Certified

Hello abdjuk17,

Have you tried:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000018949

Daly

Hi Daly,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I've already tried that and it made no difference. I tried again this morning to check and still the same thing.

I should mention that we are using v7.1.5 with chf4 installed

Dan

Daly
Level 5

Hello Dan,

Are you able to provide anything out of the log referenced in the technote? It may need a support case.

Daly

Hi Dayl,

Just gone through the logs and these are the two errors I see:

2017-02-23 09:46:38,083 WARN  [resource.cpu.CpuEventManager] (pool-1-thread-1:) [#71000] Admin Services Error : Unable to get CPU statistics - No CPU information

2017-02-23 09:46:38,083 WARN  [resource.cpu.CpuEventManager] (pool-1-thread-1:) [#71000] Admin Services Error : Too Many Errors - will reduce error report frequency. - No CPU information

Dan

Daly
Level 5

Hello Dan,

If that's all you're seeing and you've already tried that technote, would recommend creating a support case. We (support) would have to try piece together what is going on - to do that we'd need a logset.

Daly

Thanks for your response Daly. I'll get a suport case created.

Dan

Daly
Level 5

The resolution here was to set the following property and restart services:

Property: esa.cpumonitor.statsapproach

To the value: 0

This uses a different method to collect CPU stats.