cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDiscovery 9.1 Installation Issue with Desktop Experience

apiovenzan
Level 3
Hello gyus, I cannot complete the eDiscovery Platform 9.1 installation. The error messages generated in the log are: 11-5-2019-15:54:08: ******************************************** 11-5-2019-15:54:08: * Check if Quicktime 7.51.0.0 or newer is installed. 11-5-2019-15:54:08: ******************************************** 11-5-2019-15:54:08: Quicktime 7.79.80.95 found. 11-5-2019-15:54:08: Desktop Experience must be enabled in order to support audio processing. To install Desktop Experience 1. Click Start, click Server Manager. 2. In Dashboard, click "Add roles and features". The Add Roles and Features Wizard starts. 3. Click Next, in Select Installation Type, select "Role-based or feature-based installation", then click Next. 4. Then select a server from the server pool. 5. Click Next to skip select server roles. 6. In the Features list, select or expand User Interfaces and Infrastructure, select Desktop Experience. 7. After the Desktop Experience feature is installed, click Close to exit the Add Features Wizard, and then click Yes to restart the computer. (Refer to the installer guide for more details) But, the feature Desktop Experience is already installed in the system. Also, i have alread reinstalled this feature and rebooted the system. Thanks, Alberto PIOVENZAN.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jimmy,

I realized that my main problem was that my Windows Server 2012 R2 was installed with Brazilian Portuguese Language.

So, I have just installed US English language and configured Windows to use it.

Then, I could continue installing the eDiscovery product.

PS. Also, I have not selected Nexidia to install.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Alberto PIOVENZAN.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Alberto,

That error should only be informational and not cause the entire install to fail, especially since what it's suggesting is to install the Desktop Experience package which is only required if using Audio Search. During the install you can perform a Custom install that allows you to deselect the Nexidia software which is what's used for Audio, but even still deselecting or selecting (in the case where Nexidia is already installed) wouldn't be reason to fail the install. 

If there install did actually fail, it would've failed for another reason that would be captured in the, e.g. cwinstall_8-14-2019-11.23.15.log, found under D:\CW\Installer\log\,e. g. 8-14-2019-11.23.15 folder.

Feel free to post the install logs here if you like for further review. In the meanwhile, you may want to consider opening a ticket with support.  

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

Hi James,

First of all, thanks for you quick response.

Yes, may be there are other reasons that makes my installation fail.

Please, find enclosed my log file: C:\CW\Installer\log\11-5-2019-15.53.51\cwinstall_11-5-2019-15.53.51

So, I appreciate if you take a look at it.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Alberto PIOVENZAN.

JimmyClearwell
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi @apiovenzan ,

Thank you for providing the log.

Here's some of the issues I see:

• 11-5-2019-15:54:01: The system has 33553908 byte RAM - Can you confirm how much physical memory is installed on the Clearwell server? I want to assume this translates to 32GB RAM but it's not converting correctly and not sure if it's because of the what's reported in the log or there really isn't 32GB RAM. Supported RAM: 32, 64, 128 and 144 GB
  • 11-5-2019-15:54:02: This is a fresh install - While I see this logged, I also see through the log that there's Clearwell 3rd party software that have been previously installed, e.g. Fire Daemon, so it appears there really was a previous Clearwell install on this Clearwell server.
  • 11-5-2019-15:54:04: Warning!!! User select to install product on C drive which will affect the performance.
    11-5-2019-15:54:05: INSTALLDIR=C:\CW\V91\
     - Clearwell needs to be installed on the D:\ to operate correctly. Minimum of 1 TB or more of free disk space. This could ultimately why the Clearwell install failed altogether. 
  • 11-5-2019-15:54:07: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 or newer is found on the system - While this indicates that .NET 4 is installed, please check to ensure that .NET 3.5 is installed as well. This is an install preqrequisite.
  • 11-5-2019-16:33:04: Faild to disable Interactive Services Detection. Check fail message at C:\CW\Installer\log\11-5-2019-15.53.51\Disable_InteractiveServicesDetection_11-5-2019-16.33.04.log Install log can be found at: C:\CW\Installer\log\11-5-2019-15.53.51\cwinstall_11-5-2019-15.53.51.log - Please ensure that the Interactive Detection Service is set to Disabled and Not Running. This is an install prerequisite.

That said, I'm going to recommend you reinstall Clearwell as follows:

1. Uninstall Clearwell How to completely uninstall eDiscovery Platform https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100038209 Note: The article refers to the D:\ drive but you'll want to delete folders from the C:\ since this is where it was attempted to be installed.
  2. Reboot the Clearwell server
  3. After uninstall sometimes the MySQL service fails to be deleted. Open a Command Prompt as Admin and type sc delete mysql which should acknowledge that the service was deleted.  Do this before starting the Clearwell install.
  4. Login to the Clearwell server with the service account to be used with the IGCBravaLicenseService and IGCJobProcessorService services. This is considered the installer account and what you would use to install Clearwell.
  5. Disable any anti-virus and software monitoring.
  6. Disabled UAC Note: May get enabled after reboot.
  7. Set the Interactive Services Detection service to Disabled and Not Running.
  8. Refer to the attached Veritas_eDiscovery_Platform_Installation_Guide_9.1 to perform all install prerequisite checks and review the installation steps before starting the Clearwell install. 
  9. Run InstallCleaWell.bat file from the Veritas_eDiscovery_Platform_Installer_9.1_Win_EN folder to start the Clearwell install. Note: When prompted for the Setup type, select Custom and at the Select Features screen deselect 3rd party software that you don't want installed. You would want to keep all selected except Nexidia because unless you're licensed for Audio Search, you won't need it installed.

That's what I've got for you based on what I saw in the install log and what you've explained. I hope that helps and gets you a successful Clearwell install. Good luck Robot Happy

Best Regards,
James Harris
Business Critical Engineer Veritas eDiscovery Platform
Business Critical Services
Veritas Technologies LLC

Hi Jimmy,

I realized that my main problem was that my Windows Server 2012 R2 was installed with Brazilian Portuguese Language.

So, I have just installed US English language and configured Windows to use it.

Then, I could continue installing the eDiscovery product.

PS. Also, I have not selected Nexidia to install.

Thanks,

Best Regards

Alberto PIOVENZAN.